Thursday, April 16, 2009
Jenn: Middle Ages or Why getting old Sucks
I am having one of those days - you know the kind - you scream at your kids, you're tired, your back hurts and there is still 20 loads of laundry to do. I don't really have an issue with aging numerically - being 40 has been empowering. I have a great family and a great set of girlfriends. I talk less and listen more. I am more patient. I let my opinion be heard. I think I look pretty good most days. What sucks about getting older is the physical aspect. My hair is gray - underneath the dye-job I get every 4 weeks. Weight goes on more easily than off. My back hurts. I am tired in the middle of the day. I can't READ the FINE PRINT. I was told I need Progressive lenses - that is a nice way of saying BIFOCALS - bifocals are for old people - I am not old, I have a child in first grade. I have dark circles under my eyes. I have crows feet and those parenthesis are starting to form on my face. I have lines on my forehead. I have flappy underarm things. I can't remember where I park my car some days or where my keys are. I have joint pain after playing with my kids. I have adult onset acne - I sailed through the teenage years without a pimple and yet here I am sharing Clearasil with my 13-year-old son! I am having HOT flashes and still get my period - that is just not fair. I am taking each day as it comes, trying to improve my diet, to improve my physical being, to enjoy my children and my life, to have more good days than bad and to get a new bed so maybe my back won't hurt when I wake up. 40 is not the new 30 - because I didn't have these issues in my 30's - I was busy having babies! As my 75-year-old Dad says getting old isn't easy but it's better than the alternative.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That's funny, my Dad always said the same thing.

Shady Grove Eye Vision Care said...

Bifocals have an additional power on the bottom part of the lens to aid close focus in presbyopic people so they can see far and close with one lens.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

These are our original posts...

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

What's for Dinner?



Grab Our Button

MOMENTUM OF MOTHERHOOD

Grateful Sunday

GRATEFUL SUNDAY

Click It!


Click here and vote for us! Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory Proud member of MommyBlogs
Friday Follow

Follow the MOMentum

Feed:

Top food blogs

Blog Archive