Friday, August 12, 2011

PostHeaderIcon Cara: Friday stuff


Another beautiful summer morning...again I have tomatoes on my mind. Deep huh? I purposely planted a small garden this year. I was tempted to add to it but I resisted. Plant too many tomatoes plants you end up givig them away to the world. So my three have been making just enough for me to enjoy. I had the tomato with mozzarella, O&V this week already. Maybe that tomato sandwich for lunch? This is a recipe I love. I got it from a magazine that I used to have a subscription to. I stopped it because I wanted to make everything in it..and well there's not enough days in a week.
I may make it this weekend

Tomato Onion Phyllo Pizza

1/4 cup butter melted
1 pkg Phyllo dough
Grated parmesan cheese
6 oz. grated mozzarella
1 c thinly sliced onion
7-9 plum tomatoes (redder the better)
oregano
salt and pepper

Brush a baking pan (13x9) with some of the butter
Lay a sheet or two of phyllo in pan; folding edges to fit.
(keep remaining dough covered or it will dry out)
Brush dough with butter and sprinkle with parmesan cheese
Repeat layers about 5 times; folding edges for each

Last layer brush with butter; fold edges and sprinkle with mozzarella. Arrange tomato and onion over cheese. Sprinkle with oregano, salt and pepper and more grated cheese.

Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes until edges are golden brown

1 comments:

Cara said...

BTW....Congrats on going over 50,000 visitors...Someone must like what you guys are saying, now only if you can get your husbands to listen...your loving DH

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

These are our original posts...

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

What's for Dinner?



Grab Our Button

MOMENTUM OF MOTHERHOOD

Grateful Sunday

GRATEFUL SUNDAY

Click It!


Click here and vote for us! Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory Proud member of MommyBlogs
Friday Follow

Follow the MOMentum

Feed:

Top food blogs

Blog Archive