Friday, July 2, 2010

PostHeaderIcon Cara: Friday Farrago

On this Farrago of a Friday I am again wondering...............





...do some men feel the need to wear fanny packs?
I really hate them. I know they are convenient, but seriously they are hideous. I for one have enough packed around my fanny that I don't need to hang anything off of it, thank you very much. But when men wear them I want to scream "Take that off!" Guys just make your wife carry your s**t in her bag so it weighs ten tons like my hubby does. Just sayin'...

...are there earwigs?
just talking about this with the Diva the other day. I HATE them, I don't like bugs in general...but they are SO GROSS! So sneaky and nasty. Can someone please tell me what purpose they serve? I know of none.

...do some people "choose" to say hello?
I know you. You know me. You may not know my name but you certainly know my face and "who" I am. We can certainly acknowledge each other at the five hundred things we both show up at around Mayberry. The town ain't that big man, we are gonna see each other A LOT. So, don't say hello to me one day and then when I make eye contact with you the next day ignore me like you don't know me. I will give you the benefit of the doubt that maybe you didn't see me, maybe you didn't recognize me (they tell me they don't when I wear a hat) or maybe you are just an idiot with no social skills. I won't assume you are that pompous and just pick and choose who you say hello to when. I am good like that.

...do some people not understand "personal space"
I am a people person. I like people. I like the people I like to be near me. Hug me even, on occasion (just don't touch my face). But if you are a stranger on line behind me at CVS don't be so close that I hear you breathing. So close that your pointy tote bag is poking me in my ass. I don't know you. Now, I don't like you. So BACK UP!

All I want to know is why. Seriously.

Oh and this is that pasta dish I tried to make 3 times last week...finally did. It's a keeper!


Pasta Ponza

Unsalted butter or butter spray for greasing
2 cups (12 oz) red cherry or grape tomatoes; halved
2 cups (12 oz) yellow cherry or grape tomatoes; halved*
¼ cup (3 oz) capers rinsed and drained**
1 TBL olive oil plus more for drizzling
½ tsp salt or more to taste
¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper or to taste
½ cup Italian-style seasoned bread crumbs
1 lb ziti or penne or other tube-shaped pasta
1 ¼ cups grated Pecorino Romano cheese
1/3 cup chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
                                                * couldn’t find yellow tomatoes so I just used all red
                                                ** this seemed like too many capers especially if you don’t
                                                     like to eat a lot I would try 2 oz instead if you are not sure if
                                                     you like them or not


Place oven rack to center of oven and preheat to 375° Butter a 8x8 inch glass baking dish


Combine tomatoes, capers, olive oil, salt and pepper in prepared baking dish and toss together. Sprinkle bread crumbs over tomato mixture. Drizzle top with olive oil and bake until top is golden 30-35 minutes. Cool 5 minutes.


Meanwhile, bring large pot of salted water to boil. Add pasta and cook, stirring occasionally, until al dente.


Drain pasta, reserving about 1 cup of pasta water. Transfer pasta to a large serving platter or bowl. Spoon tomato mixture over pasta (if needed thin out sauce with a little pasta water) Add cheese and toss well. Season with salt and pepper sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately.


From: Giada De Laurentiis in Reader’s Digest 3/10

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

These are our original posts...

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

What's for Dinner?



Grab Our Button

MOMENTUM OF MOTHERHOOD

Grateful Sunday

GRATEFUL SUNDAY

Click It!


Click here and vote for us! Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory Proud member of MommyBlogs
Friday Follow

Follow the MOMentum

Feed:

Top food blogs

Blog Archive