Friday, August 5, 2011

PostHeaderIcon Cara: Pudding Brain

Yep it's that time of year. Pudding Brain sets in. Hence the reason didn't post yesterday 'cause I thought it was Thursday. Hence the reason why I sprayed Lysol bathroom foam cleaner on my hair yesterday thinking it was hair spray. Nice.

I have Mike in a summer reading group. He meets once a week for 6 weeks with a teacher and a bunch of boys from his school. They read and whatever for an hour and then have an hour playdate free for all for an hour after at rotating houses. Fun right? Yes, when he gets there. But the hours leading up to it are filled with "I don't feel like its" and "I don't want to get out of the pool and dressed" etc... Which is in turn answered by me with "It's my job to make you do things you need to do even if you don't feel like it and if you don't read over the summer you get pudding brain." (which usually gets an eyeroll response)

Truth be told I do reading group for me too. I need to HAVE to remind him to read. And God forbid write a sentence or two. I get lazy. I don't feel like remembering to make him read. But no matter how I don't like it...Sunday is one month 'til school starts up again. So we need to get on it. Cursive and multiplication practice start next week...but shhh don't tell him that.

So after thinking about pudding I started to think about pie. (I digress...a lot). Probably 'cause some pre-teen I know was going on and on about Key Lime Pie the other night and now I have had it on my brain. So in honor of pudding like things other than brains I will share two of my favorite, very easy, summertime (though Key Lime Pie usually makes an appearance or two at other times of the year) pie recipes. Make some. Eat some while you are reading a book. :)

Key Lime Pie
3 eggs separated
1 14oz can condensed milk
½ cup lime juice
1 9 inch graham cracker crust
Preheat oven to 350°
Combine milk, egg yolks and lime juice. Blend until smooth.
Pour filling into pie shell and bake for 15 minutes.
Allow to stand 10 minutes before refrigerating.
Refrigerate 3 hours or overnight.
Just before serving, top with whipped cream 
(Cool Whip) and garnish with lime slices.


Lemonade Stand Pie
1/3 cup Lemonade Flavor Drink Mix
½ cup water
1 pint (2 cups) vanilla ice cream, softened
1 tub 8 oz. Cool Whip thawed
1- 9 inch graham cracker crust

Stir drink mix and water until dissolved.
BEAT lemonade mixture and ice cream in large bowl with electric mixer on low speed until blended. Gently stir in whipped topping until smooth. Freeze until mixture mounds, if necessary. Spoon into crust.

FREEZE 4 hours or overnight until firm.
Let stand at room temperature 15 minutes
or until pie can be cut easily.
Garnish with lemon slices.
Store leftover pie in freezer.
Makes 8 servings

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

These are our original posts...

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

What's for Dinner?



Grab Our Button

MOMENTUM OF MOTHERHOOD

Grateful Sunday

GRATEFUL SUNDAY

Click It!


Click here and vote for us! Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory Proud member of MommyBlogs
Friday Follow

Follow the MOMentum

Feed:

Top food blogs

Blog Archive