Monday, November 1, 2010

PostHeaderIcon Cara: Halloweened Out!

I am officially up to my eyeballs in jack-o-lanterns, costumes, candy and fun. I am good. For now anyway.

Halloween being on a weekend...seemed to make it last forever. My house is very quiet this morning...everyone sleeping off their sugar rush I think.

Today for me though is time to un-Halloween the house. Pumpkins, leaves and such will stay. Jack-o-lanterns, light up skulls and witches are getting the boot. Here's a few Halloween/Autumn "recipes" to end it. Now onward.
Gobble Gobble!

Jack-0-Lantern Pull Apart "Cake"

Make mini cupcakes (makes at least 24+) as directed on cake mix package. I suppose you can make them from scratch but if you have as much going on as I do on Halloween I wouldn't.
When cool arrange them on a large platter in the shape of a pumpkin with a few sticking up as a stem. No need to make it perfectly round (what pumpkin is??_
Next frost all the cupcakes together with orange frosting just as you would the top of a cake. It's a little tricky in the beginning but they get the idea and start sticking together. Tint a little frosting green and frost the "stem" green.

Next score the top with the tip of a knife to make the lines from top to bottom that a pumpkin has. Then with the knife outline eyes, nose and a mouth. Using black tinted frosting in a zip-loc bag as a pastry bag with the tip cut off...outline and fill in the eyes, nose and mouth...there ya go!


 


Caramel Apple Cider
1/4 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup brown sugar
3 cups apple cider
1 cup water

Mix cream and brown sugar in pan and bring just to a low boil on the stove. Add the apple cider and water.
Heat until hot; just before boiling
Serve warm and if you want topped with whipped cream
(I didn't at that point I think my teeth would have fallen out...I did double the recipe and put it in a carafe to keep hot for my after trick-or-treat guests)
Serves about 4 (maybe a little more in small cups)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

These are our original posts...

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

What's for Dinner?



Grab Our Button

MOMENTUM OF MOTHERHOOD

Grateful Sunday

GRATEFUL SUNDAY

Click It!


Click here and vote for us! Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory Proud member of MommyBlogs
Friday Follow

Follow the MOMentum

Feed:

Top food blogs

Blog Archive