Thursday, July 26, 2012

PostHeaderIcon Cara: Word of the Week...

Time
1. the system of those sequential relations that any event has to any other, as past, present, or future; indefinite and continuous duration regarded as that in which events succeed one another.
2. duration regarded as belonging to the present life as distinct from the life to come or from eternity; finite duration.
3. a limited period or interval, as between two successive events: a long time.
5. a particular period considered as distinct from other periods: Youth is the best time of life.
 
 
 
Funny thing, time. We all have the same amount of time everyday. Some waste it. Some treasure it. Some are so busy it flies by. Time is usually the bane of my existence, but in the summer it's my friend.
 
Most summer days time is spent doing what I want. Not to say that it's spent lounging in the pool (although I do manage to squeeze that in) but even if it's spent cleaning out closets it's because I wanted to at that particular time.
 
Time to spend at my little town beach, truly one of my favorite places to be, rocky Bay sand and all. Time to discuss the meaning of life with a bed headed little boy over breakfast. Time to try new recipes, peruse magazines have coffee out in the yard as the birds are waking up, since my little birds have no place to go.
 
I usually panic right about now..August just around the corner, crickets starting to sing at night....summer is almost over!!! This year I left August clear. No camps and running here and there. This year, I'm going to remember to eat the fruit I love that I can't get in icky February, pull out some of those dog-eared cook books and make some new stuff. See the people I want to see before our schedules can't fit in another moment, sit in the sun, take a minute to "be" in the day.
 
With that in mind, since next week we're going to get our eating under control so that when company rolls in at the end of the month we can eat, drink and be merry...I made a bunch of new recipes this week. Three new desserts to be exact, (kids think it's great!) and a crock pot recipe I tried out on my friends. I will share, I'm good like that.
 
(p.s. give yourself a time out today...even for a few minutes)
 
 
This one is from Kraft Foods. Years ago they had a magazine with recipes that I got every couple of months. Now they have the website http://www.kraftfoods.com/ where you can find recipes. I like these recipes since they are made from stuff you probably have in the house...mostlt Kraft products but my pantry is full of them anyway. I have had this one cut out for make "someday" for years.
 
 
 
 
Strawberry Pretzel Squares 
2 cups finely crushed pretzels
1/2 cup  sugar, divided
2/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
1-1/2 pkg.  (8 oz. each) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
2 Tbsp. milk
1 cup  thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping
2 cups boiling water
1 pkg.  (6 oz.) JELL-O Strawberry Flavor Gelatin
1-1/2 cups cold water
4 cups  fresh strawberries, sliced

 Crush pretzels using a gallon ziploc bag and a rolling pin. Mix with 1/4 cup of sugar and melted butter. Press into 13×9 inch baking pan and bake at 350 degree oven for 10 minutes. (Do not over bake!) Cool.

 
Cream softened cream cheese, 1/4 cup of sugar and milk until well mixed. Stir in Cool Whip. I used Cool Whip Lite because I really can’t tell the difference and like to save the calories. Spread over cooled pretzel crust.
 
In large bowl add boiling water to gelatin and mix until dissolved, about 2 minutes. Add cold water and stir. Refrigerate until thickened, about 1 1/2 hours or until the gelatin starts to get firmer.
 
Add strawberries to thickened gelatin and spoon over cream cheese layer. Chill additional 3 hours before serving.
 
This one is from Pinterest. I am addicted, it's official. It combines my obsession with my iPad and that of cutting out things I like or will do "someday" in a neat little spot in Cyberspace. No scissors or folders here!
 
Crock Pot Ranch Pork Chops
 
 
 
4 Ingredients that's it.
 
Boneless pork chops,
Can of cream of chicken soup,
Half can of water
Packet of Ranch dressing mix.
 
Of course I quadrupled it....about 12 pork chops, two big cans of soup and two big packets of dressing mix. I had way too much sauce so maybe use less...maybe two regular cans of soup and one packet of dressing for about 6 pork chops if you dont want too much sauce. I made mashed potatoes on the side.. with the sauce on top. Yum. SOO easy...definitely gonna make it again when the schedule starts to fill up.
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

These are our original posts...

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

What's for Dinner?



Grab Our Button

MOMENTUM OF MOTHERHOOD

Grateful Sunday

GRATEFUL SUNDAY

Click It!


Click here and vote for us! Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory Proud member of MommyBlogs
Friday Follow

Follow the MOMentum

Feed:

Top food blogs

Blog Archive