Wednesday, February 6, 2013

PostHeaderIcon Cara: Food Obsessed



Pretty right? Roasted potatoes for tonight's dinner. Great. Now what am I making tomorrow? Seriously. 

I don't know if its the fact that I am watching what I'm eating or what. But all I think about is food. I'm always Perusing Pinterest for recipes (thank God I have stopped cutting them out of magazines mostly otherwise I would be drowning in clippings at this point!!) or getting recipes from people for this and that. Food Network magazine and food shows on TV, food articles in the newspaper, cook books....food, food, food!! Ack!!

I guess as long as I don't actually eat everything I pin I'm OK, I mean if I did I wouldn't be able to fit out the front door!!!

Of course Sunday was Superbowl Sunday...so what does that mean? Superbowl Food. And what started out as just "making a few things" turned into a carb fest. I only dabbled...but the carbs are too hard to resist for me. Bread, dips, pizza...OK I will stop.

Anyway...today I will share some of my food obsession...you know what they say OCD loves company. :)

Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Bell PeppersWhat I made for dinner the other night. It was a good. Very low carb...maybe the onions were the only carb and really when compared to these other recipes they don't even count... sauteed mushrooms and onions with some olive oil, salt and pepper and mix in cut up left over roast beef from Sunday dinner, (you can buy roast beef from the deli counter would work just as well)bake halved, seeded peppers for a few minutes in oven on 400  (I used red bell peppers, I dont like green so much and forgot to take pics so I am using the Pinterest picture I pinned)then put a slice of Provolone (or whatever sliced cheese you like in the bottom of each pepper half then fill with beef mixture. Bake for about 15-20 minutes until everything is hot. Remove from oven and cover each with another slice of cheese. Bake again until top cheese is melted. Yum. We are going to try these again with chicken next time or make it Mexican like tacos without the shells....

Then on to the dark side. Superbowl food....

                                              Pizza balls




  
3 cans Pillsbury Buttermilk Biscuits (10 per can), pepperoni slices(I bought a few slices from the deli for like $1.25 cause not everyone's a pepperoni fan in this house...me included and although the recipe called for all of them to be pepperoni; of course I had to change it up)  block of mozzarella cheese; shredded (it called for Colby I say no; that's not pizza!) 1 beaten egg, grated Parmesan cheese, oregano, Garlic powder, jarred pizza sauce. 

Flatten first 10 biscuits out and stack pepperoni and cheese on top. Gather up the edges of the biscuit. Seal and place each ball sealed side down, lined up in a greased 9x13 in. pan. Do the same for the next cans of biscuits. I did 10 with pepperoni/cheese, 10 with sliced black olives/cheese and 10 just cheese. Brush with beaten egg. Sprinkle with Parmesan,oregano and garlic powder. Bake at 425 till brown about 15 minutes.

Serve with heated up pizza sauce on the side. Yum again.


I made another bread thing but thats enough bread for today. Lets just say they called it crack bread...like I said another day. I did make this dessert though and it's so easy and SO DAM GOOD I have to share it. 

I pinned it. It came from a blog called Lazy Mom. And as I detest lazy..most of the time, I will say I am not loving the name but like I said they are SO DAM GOOD I will allow it. :)

Lazy Cake Cookies 

1 box yellow cake mix
2 eggs;beaten
5T melted butter
2 cups chocolate chips
Mix together put in a 9x13 pan; bake at 350 - 20 minutes

When you see me you can thank me. Or make me some. 
Wait no don't...I shouldn't....no really.

OK gotta go make dinner...

1 comments:

msprimadonna67 said...

I have absolutely loved finding new recipes to try on Pinterest. SOOO much easier to keep track of than magazine pages of recipes!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

These are our original posts...

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

What's for Dinner?



Grab Our Button

MOMENTUM OF MOTHERHOOD

Grateful Sunday

GRATEFUL SUNDAY

Click It!


Click here and vote for us! Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory Proud member of MommyBlogs
Friday Follow

Follow the MOMentum

Feed:

Top food blogs

Blog Archive