Friday, January 6, 2012

PostHeaderIcon Cara: oops it's Friday ?

Takes me a few days to get a grip after the holidays! Then starting the week officially on Tuesday instead of Monday and then forget it I am lost..as it would seem since I'm posting at almost 5:00.


Out of here are cookies,egg nog chocolates and all the other fattening but deeelightful things Christmas brings. Back in is the yogurt,veggies, etc. I usually am cranky when the "good" food has to go...but this time I am over it. The thought of something almond paste tasting may make me hurl.


After really getting my act together this past year as far as eating better I forgot how crappy eating poorly make me feel. So tonight for dinner ( men are eating burgers from a REALLY good burger place but I choose to ignore them) is Eggplant "Parmesan" no, no mozzarella sorry. I was just as skeptical at first but it's really not half bad. Good even. No not as good as the real thing...but it's not the real thing. It's better for you. I need to give it a new name.
(and sidenote I heart my new Rachel Ray cook ware)

One medium sized eggplant peeled and  sliced into rounds (not too thick not too thin)
Dip each piece into a  wash of two beaten egg whites mixed with some water
Press in into a mixture of fat free grated parmesan cheese and garlic powder (both sides)
Place on cookie sheet that has been sprayed with cooking oil spray
Bake at 350 for 20 minutes then flip and cook another 10 minutes on the other side

Let cool a little bit then layer in a baking dish alternating eggplant and plain tomato sauce (recipe calls for low sugar store bought sauce but I use my own homemade which I don't add any sugar to anyway)and top with some more parmesan cheese

Bake for another 10 minutes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

These are our original posts...

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

What's for Dinner?



Grab Our Button

MOMENTUM OF MOTHERHOOD

Grateful Sunday

GRATEFUL SUNDAY

Click It!


Click here and vote for us! Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory Proud member of MommyBlogs
Friday Follow

Follow the MOMentum

Feed:

Top food blogs

Blog Archive