Tuesday, September 15, 2009

PostHeaderIcon Cara:Let them eat cake

...or eat cereal. Or make yourself a PB&J. I don’t care. But stop rolling your eyes at what I make for dinner. This was the dinner conversation the other night.

At least I try. I don’t give them frozen pizzas bagels or boxed macaroni with powdered cheese for dinner. I know someone who would give her husband a tuna sandwich after working all day. I don’t do that. I don’t always make a ten course meal for dinner either but most days I try.

I make the standards that everyone likes, like pasta or roast beef etc. I like to try out new stuff too. I am not going to use my company as guinea pigs so I need to make them at some point to try them out. Few nights ago I made Swedish meatballs (and I am not a big meatball fan, but they are) and Pasta e Fagioli. (pasta with beans). I think they were both great so did TP. They liked the meatballs...after be cajoled into eating them.
Otherwise from now I will say…Let them eat cake!


Pasta e Fagioli
3 TBL olive oil
1/2 small white onion chopped
2 cloves garlic minced
3- 16 oz. cans cannellini beans
1 16 ox can chickpeas
4 cans water
1 1lb box ditalini or other small tubular pasta
1 glass red wine (and one for you too if you'ld like!)
4-5 fresh plum tomatoes
1- 16 oz can tomato sauce
Film bottom of Dutch Oven with olive oil. Heat oil and add onions and garlic and cook until onions are caramelized and garlic is lightly browned.
Add beans and chickpeas with their liquid
Add four cans of water; cover pot and bring to a boil
Add pasta bring to a boil and cook until al dente
Pour in red wine and squeeze plums tomatoes into soup
Continue to cook over low heat and add tomato sauce to give the soup some color
Serve with a green salad, crusty bread and a glass of red wine.
Makes six servings

3 comments:

A Fist Full of Dandelions said...

Hi stopping by from SITS! Love this post...my son is a picky eater. There are days, he does get PBJ as a last attempt to make the little booger eat.

Saw your what's for dinner. I have a great meal that can be made ahead and frozen for hectic days: http://fistfullofdandelions.blogspot.com/2009/08/tasty-treat-chessy-chicken-tortellini.html

Lori said...

I get the eye roll and sigh almost every night also unless it's spaghetti or chicken cutlets!!!

Cherie said...

OK- when I can't stand hearing them complain anymore the mac & cheese does get made!!LOL

And as Bill Cosby would say cake does have eggs, milk........

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

These are our original posts...

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

What's for Dinner?



Grab Our Button

MOMENTUM OF MOTHERHOOD

Grateful Sunday

GRATEFUL SUNDAY

Click It!


Click here and vote for us! Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory Proud member of MommyBlogs
Friday Follow

Follow the MOMentum

Feed:

Top food blogs

Blog Archive