Saturday, March 20, 2010

PostHeaderIcon Jenn: Simple Saturday

Nothing is ever simple in my house, so my post title is kind of a joke. What I have decided to make simple on Saturdays is what I am making for dinner.  It's going to be something easy - now that the warmer weather is here and sports are in full swing, there isn't time to prepare a fancy dinner - I'll save that for Sunday's.  Tonight I am going with BBQ - the usual fair, hamburgers and hotdogs for the family and a turkey burger for me.  Here is my favorite Turkey Burger recipe.


Ingredients
1 pound ground turkey breast
1 cup chopped red onions
1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
2 egg whites
1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
2 tablespoons jerk seasoning
1 teaspoon dijon mustard

Directions
In a large bowl, combine ground turkey, onion, bell pepper, egg whites, teriyaki sauce, mustard and jerk seasoning until well blended.

With clean hands, form the turkey mixture into 6 equal patties.

Grill 3 minutes per side - and enjoy!

Hi it's me moving in on Simple Saturday...a few people have asked for my Irish Soda Bread recipe so I am tacking it on here... :) This recipe is a little more "cakey" rather than dry...but we love it! Cara 

                 Irish Soda Bread
4 Cups flour
¾ cup sugar 
1 tsp salt 
3 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda 
1 stick butter melted 
2 cups buttermilk 
2 eggs 
2 tsp vanilla 
1 box raisins (2 cups)

Set oven to 350

Mix all dry ingredients in a very large bowl. Melt butter, combine it with the buttermilk then add the eggs and vanilla. Add the wet ingredients to the dry. Mix very well then add the raisins. Bake in a heavy dutch oven or use three disposable loaf pans for one hour. Halfway through baking brush with melted butter

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

These are our original posts...

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

What's for Dinner?



Grab Our Button

MOMENTUM OF MOTHERHOOD

Grateful Sunday

GRATEFUL SUNDAY

Click It!


Click here and vote for us! Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory Proud member of MommyBlogs
Friday Follow

Follow the MOMentum

Feed:

Top food blogs

Blog Archive