Tuesday, August 3, 2010

PostHeaderIcon Jenn: Recipes!

Yesterday I talked about the most delicious steak sandwich - here is the recipe I used on Sunday.   I first had this sandwich at Cara's house as prepared by her hubby Tony.

London Broil - thin sliced
Garlic Bread
Sauteed Onions
Gorgonzola cheese
Horseradish

This is a great idea for left over steak - I used a london broil BBQ'd the day before.  Toast the garlic bread, put the steak, onions and Gorgonzola cheese on the bread, reheat to melt cheese, remove from oven, spread horseradish on the bread, slice, serve and enjoy!  I also made a chicken breast version - just as good!

Costco Cole Slaw
Last year costco began making the most amazing cole slaw - I think what makes it so good is the cranberries and nuts.  I went looking for it on Sunday but was told it was discontinued.  Here is my version.

Shredded cabbage (I used the dole cole slaw mix  - found in the salad dept. of the grocery store)
Craisins
Almonds  or walnuts ( I used  glazed almonds - again in the salad dept. of the grocery store)
1 cup Mayo
2 T White Vinegar
1T Sugar

This is better if made the day before to give the flavors a chance to meld.  Mix all ingredients together - you may have to adjust the Mayonnaise - I like mine a bit less creamy so I use less Mayo. Refrigerate at least 4 hours and serve.  Enjoy!


Cara's two cents: Yum! LOVE that steak sandwich.... been wanting since we talked about it. As far as the coleslaw why the heck are they discontinuing it?????????? Were we the only ones that bought it?  I tried to make it a few weeks ago and of course didn't write down amounts of what I did (grr) but I used the Dole mix, craisins, regular walnuts, apple cider vinegar, and honey. (no sugar). Great. Now I am in the mood for that too! I guess we know "What's for Dinner" around here in a few days! lol

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

These are our original posts...

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

What's for Dinner?



Grab Our Button

MOMENTUM OF MOTHERHOOD

Grateful Sunday

GRATEFUL SUNDAY

Click It!


Click here and vote for us! Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory Proud member of MommyBlogs
Friday Follow

Follow the MOMentum

Feed:

Top food blogs

Blog Archive