Friday, August 19, 2011

PostHeaderIcon Cara: Friday Food

I said back awhile ago I was going to try a new recipe every week. That lasted for about 5 weeks straight. Then life kicks in and you know how it goes...

But before I get back to the no carb thing I want to make some of the 5000 recipes I have lined up to try. Make that 5020, I added about 20 this summer.  So here's one I made last night only 5019 to go....

Cheese and Veggie Crepes*
(the recipe called for 4 crepes you can find them in the produce section. I see them every stinkin' week when I am in Stop and Shop hanging right there by the berries. OF COURSE this week they were out...grrr. So I substituted frozen puff pastry instead..and they were yummy. And of course I changed the recipe and added stuff...like I said yummy)

One puff pastry sheet 
8 oz container sliced mushrooms; washed
1 small onion; diced small
1 clove fresh garlic; minced
6 oz baby spinach (I grabbed two good handfuls); washed and dried
Shredded cheese ( I used colby cheddar mix - that's what I had in the refrigerator; would work well with any shredded cheese you prefer)

Thaw puff pastry sheet for 20 minutes on counter. Cut into six squares and put on a baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray

Heat oven to 375

Saute mushrooms, onions and garlic in olive oil over medium heat until most of the liquid has evaporated (about 5-6 min.)

Stir in spinach and cook until just wilted; about 1 minute

Season with salt and pepper and let cool slightly

Spoon mixture evenly in the centers of the six puff pastry squares. Sprinkle about 2 TBL cheese over each. Gently pinch and fold edges of pastry up around filling to keep from spilling over.

Bake for about 10-15 minutes until pastry is golden brown.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

These are our original posts...

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

What's for Dinner?



Grab Our Button

MOMENTUM OF MOTHERHOOD

Grateful Sunday

GRATEFUL SUNDAY

Click It!


Click here and vote for us! Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory Proud member of MommyBlogs
Friday Follow

Follow the MOMentum

Feed:

Top food blogs

Blog Archive