Sunday, February 8, 2015

PostHeaderIcon Cara: February Recipe


Just popped on here as I make my shopping list for the week, to see if I felt like making something from our recipe list. 

I am SO not in the mood to think about what to make for dinner this week. Winter blahs have officially kicked in I think. Even though I feel like having a brownie and a cup of coffee for dinner in my pjs in front of the TV...alas that's not going to cut it. But then I realized it's my turn to post a recipe for this month. 

This is something I am making this week. It's a no meat kind of thing. We like it. By we, I mean me and the hubby. Shorty won't touch it with a ten foot pole. (Mushrooms? ew!!) But then I will have to think of something else to make for him that night...hence my annoyance with dinner making in general.

Anyway here's a spaghetti squash recipe. We eat it as the main dish with maybe salad on the side. 


Spaghetti Sqash with Mushroom Ragu

1 large spaghetti squash, halved lengthwise 
Salt and pepper 
1 1/2 cups chicken stock  
3 tablespoons olive oil 
1 pound cremini mushrooms, chopped 
2 tablespoons thyme, chopped 
Salt and pepper 
1 small carrot, finely chopped 
1 small onion, finely chopped 
2 large cloves garlic, chopped 
2 rounded tablespoons tomato paste 
1/2 cup dry sherry or Marsala (I used Marsala)
1 bay leaf 
1 cup milk 
Grated cheese (I used shredded Parmesan/Romano)

Preheat oven to 400°F.
Halve both squash and place the pieces cut side down on baking sheets. Roast 1 hour or until tender, turn cut side up and shred the squash into spaghetti-like strands with a fork; season with salt and pepper.  

While the squash are roasting, in large pot, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and onions cook 15 minutes or so until tender. Add thyme, salt, pepper, carrot and garlic; cook to tender. Stir in tomato paste, add sherry or Marsala, bay leaf and stock until heated.  Add milk, and simmer sauce to reduce over low heat for 30 minutes.

Top spaghetti squash with ragu and cheese and serve half a squash per portion. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

These are our original posts...

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

What's for Dinner?



Grab Our Button

MOMENTUM OF MOTHERHOOD

Grateful Sunday

GRATEFUL SUNDAY

Click It!


Click here and vote for us! Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory Proud member of MommyBlogs
Friday Follow

Follow the MOMentum

Feed:

Top food blogs

Blog Archive