Thursday, May 28, 2009

PostHeaderIcon Jenn: A do Nothing Kind of Day

Yesterday was one of those days - cold, rainy, dark - and all I wanted to do was curl up and go back to bed. I didn't do that, but I did think about it. Instead, I got up at 5:30 am, made the bed, took a shower and got ready for my day. Woke the kids and got everyone off to school with a few complaints because they all wanted to stay in bed too. I did all the laundry and cleaned the bathroom while I waited for the plumber to come - the plumber who was to come between 10 am and 4 pm - I had a to do list but of course none of it got done because I could not leave the house... the plumber eventually came, at 3:49 and was here approximately 2 minutes. He complained about how he couldn't find my house because our street is not marked on the town map - yes I know, I have been complaining for 6 years since I lived here.

At 4:30 I dropped Lu off at Grandma's, rushed Mae to dance, left Sam home to be picked up by sister-in-law at 6:00 so he could get to school for his induction into the Honor Society (yes, I am proud) rushed from dance, made it to the ceremony which lasted about 45 minutes, left ceremony, came home and made dinner at 8:00 pm - put Lu to bed and sat with Mae who had 3 hours of homework.

Today is more of the same, school concert this afternoon, boy scouts and dance tonight, baseball game which I am not even going to - or tell Lu about. Too much. This all seems simple compared to Saturday's schedule; 9 am baseball game, 11 am boy scouts, 11 am appointment, 2:00 NYSMA, 6:00 youngest child's birthday party and oh it is also her birthday...that means chocolate chip pancakes before 9 am baseball game. O summer where art thou?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

These are our original posts...

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

What's for Dinner?



Grab Our Button

MOMENTUM OF MOTHERHOOD

Grateful Sunday

GRATEFUL SUNDAY

Click It!


Click here and vote for us! Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory Proud member of MommyBlogs
Friday Follow

Follow the MOMentum

Feed:

Top food blogs

Blog Archive