Monday, December 28, 2009

PostHeaderIcon Cara: Whew!

Know what I mean? Today I need to catch my breath. Every gift has been opened. All the food has been eaten, and eaten again as leftover dinner.

My house still looks like Christmas threw up all over it. But strangely it's not making me that nuts. Because many times over the course of these days since Christmas Eve, I said the heck with it. I am not making my bed. I am playing Operation with Mike. I am not mopping the floors within an inch of their lives...I am going to the mall with my hubby the day after Christmas (which I have NEVER done) to shop together alone without the pressure and the rushing, being able to look around for stuff we want to buy with our Christmas money. I have eaten Christmas cookies for breakfast almost everyday. I have slept late(ish) not because I was up until 2 a.m. wrapping, cleaning or baking, but because I stayed up late visiting with friends or watching a Christmas movie or playing Chicken Foot with my family.

I usually jump from insane "Getting-Ready-For-Christmas-Mode" to "Clean-Up-After-Christmas-Mode" without getting to enjoy what I was insane about getting ready for in the first place. Not this year. And surprisingly the world didn't implode because I still have toys under the tree.

So today I will clean up. I do have about 60 or so coming here New Year's Even and we need room to dance. So I will take today to go into Post-Christmas-Mode. But tomorrow there's a short person that wants to take me to the movies to see some chipmunks. Sounds like a plan to me.

1 comments:

Beth P. said...

I SO know what you mean! I have been taking the post Christmas clean up slow and steady. I have a goal of being back to some semblance of normal by Friday. I think thats reasonable :-)

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

These are our original posts...

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

What's for Dinner?



Grab Our Button

MOMENTUM OF MOTHERHOOD

Grateful Sunday

GRATEFUL SUNDAY

Click It!


Click here and vote for us! Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory Proud member of MommyBlogs
Friday Follow

Follow the MOMentum

Feed:

Top food blogs

Blog Archive