Tuesday, February 2, 2010

PostHeaderIcon Jenn: Change is Good

A few weeks ago, I blogged about my ballerina's career choices - at the ripe old age of 11. We decided, as a family, that we would go ahead and move her to the better, further away, ballet studio. She officially started Saturday and loves it. Seeing her happy makes me happy so as cowgirl likes to say, it's all good.

Friday was her last day at her previous studio. She took the class and afterwards I approached the teacher to let her know that Mae would be studying somewhere else and to thank her for all she had taught her. It did not go well. The "ballet mistress" felt betrayed. She was angry and incredibly rude. I was trying to go for an amicable split because of that old saying "don't burn your bridges..." but Miss S could not have been nastier. I let it go, said goodbye politely and walked out with a smile on my face. I said goodbye to one of the other mothers that I had become friendly with and she gave me and my daughter a hug and said "change is good."

And you know what? Change is good. Sometimes we get stuck in a rut because we are afraid of change. Sometimes we forget that other choices exist for us. Whether it is where you grocery shop, buy your gas or who you live with, sometimes change is good. In my case, that other adage comes into play - only time will tell. Time will let us know if we made the right decision for Mae but she is happy and that is all that matters.

The fall brought a lot of changes to my life. A new house, a new neighborhood, new schools for the girls, new friends and so far, it has all been good. Change is good. Life is good.

1 comments:

Beth P. said...

I'm so sorry her previous teacher was nasty. If Mae really was ready to move on and that teacher cared for Mae's success she should've been supportive. The other mother is absolutely right. I hope the changes you've made are the right choices. Good luck to her!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

These are our original posts...

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

What's for Dinner?



Grab Our Button

MOMENTUM OF MOTHERHOOD

Grateful Sunday

GRATEFUL SUNDAY

Click It!


Click here and vote for us! Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory Proud member of MommyBlogs
Friday Follow

Follow the MOMentum

Feed:

Top food blogs

Blog Archive