Tuesday, September 28, 2010

PostHeaderIcon Jenn: Fall

I have a love/ hate relationship with fall.  It is my favorite season.  I am a sweater weather and boots  kind of girl.  I like the cool, crisp mornings.  I like the sunny afternoons.  I like the smell that comes with fall.  It's clean and new.  I even like the falling leaves.  I like the beauty of the autumn colors.  I like back-to-school and Halloween and Thanksgiving. 

There are things about fall I don't like. The allergies they bring to me and my boy.  The stuffy nose and headaches and aching sinus'.  I don't mind a rainy day - I don't like lots of rainy days in a row.  I don't like wet leaves that get tracked into the house.  I don't like getting up in the dark - and the early sun set.

Like all things - it is a give and take so there are enough things I like to take the things I don't.

This weekend I went camping with Lu and her brownie troop.  6 girls and 5 adults.  It was more like a Mommy and me camp out.  We had a lot of fun.  Not much sleep.  The girls got to experience tent camping while the moms experienced lack of sleep.  It is amazing how kids can sleep anywhere. That is something I envy.  All of us moms were tossing and turning and getting up to hike to the bathroom, six girls slept soundly. I am not the camping kind.  I like the outdoors - but I like to get into my nice comfy bed at night.  At the end of the day we all had a good time and the girls got a great memory of camping with their moms and with each other.  Something they will remember all their lives. Would I do it again? Absolutely - but next time I am sneaking in the air mattress!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

These are our original posts...

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

What's for Dinner?



Grab Our Button

MOMENTUM OF MOTHERHOOD

Grateful Sunday

GRATEFUL SUNDAY

Click It!


Click here and vote for us! Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory Proud member of MommyBlogs
Friday Follow

Follow the MOMentum

Feed:

Top food blogs

Blog Archive