Friday, March 11, 2011

PostHeaderIcon Cara: TGIF

Steve Tyler said on American Idol  last week "Some weeks even Tuesday says WTF"...that made laugh. That was before I knew this week would leave me saying wtf a few times...amongst other expletives that I won't share here. It's been a week where the range of emotions had left me exhausted. But I think sometimes it's good for you to have your emotions shake you up a bit. Makes you think, when your head clears. 

Anger only depletes you. It exhausts me. Last week I heard this..."Anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die". Something to think about. Anger makes me see all blurry and discombobulated. While you are in the midst of it though, it's hard to remember that it only hurts you. 

Dogs are a pain sometimes...hair all over, messy paws, vet bills, but they love you unconditionally. They are always happy to see you, even if it's 3:00 a.m. and you just came down from your bedroom 'cause you couldn't sleep. Don't take them for granted because the day they go will be one of the saddest days of your life.

Sometimes you get fooled. But don't kick yourself. Keep letting people in.

Disappointments are part of life that teach lessons but they still totally suck while they are happening.

Crying is good sometimes. Even when it's not happy tears. But if you get the chance more than one time in a week to cry happy tears then maybe that's OK.

Things always get clearer and time goes on. You finally get some sleep. Get a little distance when you need it. Talk to someone who gets you, who really listens to you and who you believe when they tell you everything will work out.

This not a week I am sad to see go. It will end on a high note with birthday cake, family and friends to celebrate again the Diva's 18th and my godson's 19th birthdays....I will make their birthday cakes like I always do. And it reminds me that doing small things (like making a homemade birthday cake instead of buying it from the store)with great love makes me happy.

I was also reminded that God listens to you and may not always answer you in the way you would want. But sometimes you need to wait to figure out why. Sometimes he tells you things in ways you wouldn't think of. Maybe in an old lady who looks you in your eye, or in church when you didn't even know you would end up there that day or in a lesson retaught to you by your child.

It's been an interesting week...next week I am shooting for dull. Hope yours is maybe a little dull if you need it to be. Peaceful too.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

These are our original posts...

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

What's for Dinner?



Grab Our Button

MOMENTUM OF MOTHERHOOD

Grateful Sunday

GRATEFUL SUNDAY

Click It!


Click here and vote for us! Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory Proud member of MommyBlogs
Friday Follow

Follow the MOMentum

Feed:

Top food blogs

Blog Archive