Tuesday, November 22, 2011

PostHeaderIcon Jenn: Giving Thanks

This is going to be a quiet Thanksgiving for our family.  Just us.  We have spent past Thanksgivings without our extended family.  We have gone to Florida for the week and we have been overseas and in the company of friends.  We have never had a Thanksgiving at home with just the five of us.  Usually my parents and my sister and her family come - and although not a big group we can be a dozen people.  In our first house, we had 21 people one Thanksgiving - the table stretched from one room into another.  Now I have a dining room that could fit that many and it will be fairly empty. 

My sister goes where my parents go.  My parents decided to go to my brothers this year and yes we were invited, but he lives in a teeny Manhattan apartment.  We did it one year and my kids ended up sitting on the bed eating dinner and I was standing in a corner - it's buffet style and includes a host of friends that come and go.  That is not my idea of Thanksgiving dinner.  I want to sit and enjoy. I want to watch the parade.  I want to eat desert.  I want to sit around the fire. 

We will make some new traditions this year.  Possibly a movie - or maybe the Christmas tree after dinner. Who knows - it's our day to do what we want with.  No where to rush off to - no traffic - no one to entertain - no stress.  We are each making something for dinner.  Ballerina volunteered to make onion dip and boy is making chocolate pudding pie and Lu is doing pigs in a blanket and icebox cake. I will make the stuffing and potatoes and Turkey - hubby hasn't let us know what he's bringing yet. 

Where ever you spend your Thanksgiving, I hope it is a wonderful day for you.  We all have much to be thankful for.  Happy Thanksgiving!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

These are our original posts...

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

What's for Dinner?



Grab Our Button

MOMENTUM OF MOTHERHOOD

Grateful Sunday

GRATEFUL SUNDAY

Click It!


Click here and vote for us! Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory Proud member of MommyBlogs
Friday Follow

Follow the MOMentum

Feed:

Top food blogs

Blog Archive