Monday, January 16, 2012

PostHeaderIcon Cara:LOL

...overused to say the least in texting and Facebook. But it does get your point across when joking in a text or actually "lol-ing" at what someone wrote.

I was thinking I had a good week and I think a lot to do with that end is "lol".

I laughed a lot this week, either on the phone, reading a text or perusing Facebook, or out with friends. I think that has a profound effect on my overall mood even when I am not at that moment laughing. (I mean every minute of the week was not funny or lol worthy...there was of course cursing this or that thrown in...that could be cathartic as well!) As much as I enjoy laughing I like to make other people laugh too I think...but laughing is actually physically good for you. Consider this:

"Laughter relaxes the whole body. A good, hearty laugh relieves physical tension and stress, leaving your muscles relaxed for up to 45 minutes after.

"Laughter boosts the immune system. Laughter decreases stress hormones and increases immune cells and infection-fighting antibodies, thus improving your resistance to disease."

"Laughter triggers the release of endorphins, the body’s natural feel-good chemicals. Endorphins promote an overall sense of well-being and can even temporarily relieve pain."

"Laughter protects the heart. Laughter improves the function of blood vessels and increases blood flow, which can help protect you against a heart attack and other cardiovascular problems."

So there's definitely lots of benefits to "lol-ing". Make sure you laugh today.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

These are our original posts...

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

What's for Dinner?



Grab Our Button

MOMENTUM OF MOTHERHOOD

Grateful Sunday

GRATEFUL SUNDAY

Click It!


Click here and vote for us! Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory Proud member of MommyBlogs
Friday Follow

Follow the MOMentum

Feed:

Top food blogs

Blog Archive