Thursday, June 28, 2012

PostHeaderIcon Cara:Here's to your health!

Hi. We're back. Well, me really since I haven't posted in over a month. Life...funny thing sometimes it gets in the way.


I had started my month of May off with traveling so I was taking a little break from blogging. Then I got sick. Nothing very very serious. But enough to put me in bed for two weeks and spend the rest of that month and most of this month making my way back. But as usual when life throws me lemons and gets up in my face, when the dust settles I can take something away from it.


We always talk about good health. People always say well at least we're healthy when things aren't going their way. But I must admit I was taking mine for granted.

We always make sure the kids go to the doctor, dentist etc and kind put ourselves on the back burner. But when your feet get kicked out from under you, makes you wake up whether you like it or not. For me to miss my little one's concert, you know I was down for the count. Spending so much time in bed, gives you time to think.

- do the right thing by people and it comes back to you ten fold. To have my family and friends falling over themselves to help me out was humbling to say the very least. Especially since I had no choice but to accept the help.

-let people help you if you need it. Admittably a hard nut for me to swallow...but sometimes you gotta take it.

-my way is the right way (of course!) But if you can't be in control of the situation the world won't come to and end if it's not done exactly the way you would do it.

-one of my favorite sayings is "If Mama ain't happy; ain't nobody happy" while that is SO true... if Mama isn't well then the shit kinda hits the fan. So take care of yourself. Like my wise friend told me last month, "if you don't take care of yourself you're never gonna be any good to anyone in your family." True that.


So take your vitamins, take a walk, laugh, relax and try not to sweat the small stuff. (she says while still working on trying to take her own advice!!!)


To Your Health!! Cheers!













0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

These are our original posts...

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

What's for Dinner?



Grab Our Button

MOMENTUM OF MOTHERHOOD

Grateful Sunday

GRATEFUL SUNDAY

Click It!


Click here and vote for us! Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory Proud member of MommyBlogs
Friday Follow

Follow the MOMentum

Feed:

Top food blogs

Blog Archive