Thursday, December 6, 2012

PostHeaderIcon Cara: Because I Knew You....

Ever see those signs "If you're lucky to _______ (fill in the blank..."live at the beach" "own a horse") you're lucky enough"?

That's how I feel when I go into New York City. I don't know if the older I get the more sappy I get (I can be pretty sappy to begin with) or what, but when I am in my city I am always overwhelmed with how lucky we are. How we can just pop on the train from Mayberry and in an hour or less have the world at our fingertips. I really don't know if I will ever be able to move away from here someday. But that's a post for another day.

We were lucky enough to get to go see the Broadway show "Wicked" the other night, which was FANTASTIC beginning to end. (Again, I digress) I have always known the story (mostly) and known all the songs just never got around to going to see it (although we are lucky you still need to sell a major organ to be able to bring your whole family). There's one song in particular in the second act that gets me every time I hear it. Whether it be from the soundtrack, a YouTube video or hearing my Diva sing it with her BFF at the school concert. So much so, Junior felt the need to bring me back a stack of napkins at intermission "just in case" I needed them. This is a YouTube clip with lyrics in case you want to listen. Tube (it may take you to YOUTube hope it works)





This is the last song the two witches, Glinda and the Wicked Witch of the West who are friends sing before The Wicked Witch melts.  I love this song because it makes me think of friends that have come and gone in my life, and the ones that have always remained.

So many people have come into my life that I have learned from, good or bad. Some that have taught me lessons about myself that I needed to learn at that time, and maybe thats why they were part of my life for awhile and now aren't.

Some I think of when I hear this song and it makes me sad they aren't part of my life anymore, when I always thought they would be. And now looking back still wonder why they couldn't stay. But I know how much of an impact they have had on my life otherwise I still wouldn't think of them now and again.

Or the ones that I thought would always be there, but aren't for probably good reason. And even though I don't want them back in, I have been changed and maybe not always for the better, I'm not sure. They have probably left me at least for a time a little jaded and closed off. That's certainly not for the better. But if I really look hard there's always something to be learned about myself. Maybe they brought out the worst in me and I needed to know it was there so it doesn't come out any more. or maybe knowing them opened doors for other opportunities or relationships that were waiting for me that I didn't know were there until I knew them.

The ones that came into my life unexpectedly. Some that I never thought I would be friends with and have been pleasantly surprised at the fast friends we've become. (and I am not one for "too friendly too fast") I learn all the time, deep conversation by deep conversation why they are here. I learn after every hysterical fit of laughter why they are here, after every "you get me moment" why they have come into my life. (lucky again too I guess!)

Then there are ones that came and never left. I probably could count a million reasons why they came into my life. And be grateful for a million reasons why they never left. They have truly left a handprint on my heart that no matter what comes along for me or for our friendship it will always remain.

So really, who's to say if I have been changed for the better? I would like to think I have been. But whichever friend this song makes me think of when I hear it, I know I have been changed forever. For good. I hope they know who they are and they know that too.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

These are our original posts...

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

What's for Dinner?



Grab Our Button

MOMENTUM OF MOTHERHOOD

Grateful Sunday

GRATEFUL SUNDAY

Click It!


Click here and vote for us! Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory Proud member of MommyBlogs
Friday Follow

Follow the MOMentum

Feed:

Top food blogs

Blog Archive