Monday, February 11, 2013

PostHeaderIcon Jenn: Whoops

Fridays are my days to post - this past Friday just got away from me. I was planning my Bunco night - cleaning & cooking and keeping my eye on the blizzard that was headed our way.  I didn't really believe the blizzard would ever get here - Friday was a rain day.  I fully planned on going forward with Bunco until about 6 when the rain turned into snow with a vengeance. 

I used to love the snow.  Now I find it stress inducing.  It's pretty for about 5 minutes.  Then the kids get up and the hunt is on for snow pants, hats, gloves and boots.  With two girls who wear the same size shoe there was only one pair of boots this storm and they had to be shared.  There were tears about who was going sleigh riding and whose turn to wear the boots.  Next comes the shoveling. We have to clear the sidewalk in front of our house - its the law.  We are the only ones to do it though - trying to take the dog for a walk around the neighborhood, I realized NO ONE ELSE shoveled their sidewalks! Next storm, no shoveling. 

Next comes the whining about where they want to go.  I don't like driving when road conditions are less than ideal. Lu wanted to go sleigh riding and friends were posting about cars getting stuck and bad roads and I drive a minivan that slides all over so I decided to stay home.  More tears - do you know my daughter is the ONLY kid on Long Island who didn't go sleigh riding yesterday? The guilt was overwhelming.  I spent yesterday yelling at everyone to clean up the hats and boots and gloves and snow pants.....and now today more of the same - school was cancelled!  I can't believe it - the reason was there was going to be icy rain and the superintendent was concerned about the kids at the bus stops.  It is raining. I didn't see any icy rain.  If the town and residents did their jobs, cleared the snow properly, the kids could go to school.  My kids don't get a bus so I made sure my car was dug out and cleared off and ready to go.  Why couldn't the bus company do the same?

I understand this was a historical snow event.  I understand it will take some time to get things moving again. Doesn't mean I have to like it! Okay rant done   Now back to my happy place.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

These are our original posts...

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

What's for Dinner?



Grab Our Button

MOMENTUM OF MOTHERHOOD

Grateful Sunday

GRATEFUL SUNDAY

Click It!


Click here and vote for us! Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory Proud member of MommyBlogs
Friday Follow

Follow the MOMentum

Feed:

Top food blogs

Blog Archive