Thursday, April 30, 2009

PostHeaderIcon We are the Forward Moms....



Join the MOMentum....a little bit about us

Jenn:
When people would ask "what do you want to be when you grow up?" I would answer "a housemommy." Be careful what you wish for! I am a 42 year old SAHM to three beautiful children. They are the light of my life-they also bring out some of my strongest emotions- love, anger, joy anger, happiness, anger....I just celebrated my 17th wedding anniversary and I LOVE my husband (shocking!). Why did I want to start this blog? To let other moms know that there is life after diapers and breastfeeding. That being a parent gets HARDER as they grow up and it all happens so damn fast. Being a mom is the most rewarding and toughest thing I have ever done. Cara has taught me so many things about being a mom- and I hope that together we can pass on the things we learned about motherhood, friendship and the importance of the well blended margarita. Cheers!


Cara:
SAHM mom of three. These "babies" that I gave birth to, that couldn't be more different, but who are my favorite company to keep (o.k. well most days anyway). I too am, 42 years old but not as 42 as Jenn. I am a frustrated interior designer & writer amongst other things that frustrate me. But I am exactly where I thought I would be at this time in my life. I have been married to Tony, my prom date for almost 18 years. He is the force that keeps me on the right path and has always been the angel on my shoulder. I worked at a financial news agency for my first year and half as a mom. My dad watched the baby so I was very lucky for that but I still hated being a full time working mom and "retired" during my second pregnancy. Jenn and I have had so many conversations about things that go on in our lives and what we go through as moms and as women. We have decided that there are still many things to talk about after bottles and diapers. That this mom thing is a job for life even when these people who mess up our homes are adults with children of their own. We hope this blog is a place you can go to learn something new, give advice of your own or lend you the voice you may need. But mostly, we hope to open up dialogue moms from all walks of life at all various stages of motherhood. We welcome your comments and feed back. Join us in the MOMentum of this wild ride called motherhood

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

These are our original posts...

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

What's for Dinner?



Grab Our Button

MOMENTUM OF MOTHERHOOD

Grateful Sunday

GRATEFUL SUNDAY

Click It!


Click here and vote for us! Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory Proud member of MommyBlogs
Friday Follow

Follow the MOMentum

Feed:

Top food blogs

Blog Archive