Friday, August 7, 2009

PostHeaderIcon Cara:Leaving on a jet plane

So I put Jr. on the plane last night and off he went. It was not fun. I did not like it. I was ok until as I sat there waiting for the plane to start taxiing, he texted “luv u mom”.

The fact that there was another mom sending her much younger child off on the plane and making a spectacle of herself was not helping either. When he walked down the hall to the plane I had a knot in my stomach. As I watched the plane taxiing away I started to feel nauseous. So, I talked to Mary (yes the Mary, Jesus’ mom…yeah her). She gets me. She is a mom. She knows how I am feeling. And no, she hasn’t ever spoken back, well not in words anyway. God is fine to talk to… don’t get me wrong, but when it’s a kid thing Mary’s where it’s at for me.

Anway, the weird thing is as the plane started to pick up speed to take off, suddenly I felt ok. I guess it’s part of that letting go thing. There was nothing I could do about any of it at that point. He was on the plane he was taking off and that was that. He is a good boy, he’s a rule follower. I knew he would be perfectly fine. He called me as soon as he turned on his phone and then again as soon as he found his grandma. Whew. Now I can go on with my life for the rest of the week, thank you very much. Sometimes we know our kids have to take that next step and we push them along. Sometimes they want to take that step and we know in our brain that it will be fine but our hearts don’t agree. That’s the hardest step for a mom to take.

2 comments:

Rosanne said...

He's come a long way from holding on to your leg!!!

Anonymous said...

Very glad Nana was not present! Very glad you talk to Mary (you and she share a very special day!) I knew "my Man" would be fine.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

These are our original posts...

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

What's for Dinner?



Grab Our Button

MOMENTUM OF MOTHERHOOD

Grateful Sunday

GRATEFUL SUNDAY

Click It!


Click here and vote for us! Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory Proud member of MommyBlogs
Friday Follow

Follow the MOMentum

Feed:

Top food blogs

Blog Archive