Tuesday, August 11, 2009

PostHeaderIcon Jenn: Who'd ya get part II

And so it begins...didn't your mother ever tell you if you don't have something nice to say about someone, don't say anything at all?

We found out who Lu has for second grade. The reaction is overwhelming. We have gotten comments from Oohh (insert long pause) to OMG he's my favorite, your going to love him, to well, he wouldn't be good for my child.

I don't know much about Lu's teacher but I am going to start out with only positive thoughts until he makes me believe otherwise. I described my child as honestly and accurately as a mother can - we all have our biases. But I know she is not perfect, I know she can be a tough cookie, I know she can't be quiet - I am her mother, I am not stupid.

So going forward, because I am a forwardmom, I am not going to listen to the naysayers. I am going to let my child guide me. She is thrilled with her teacher - as it should be. I will let her opinion of her teacher be mine. As long as she is happy - is learning what she needs to, than I am happy too.

I know she will do well wherever she is - she is that kind of kid. Very happy-go-lucky, I wish I could be more like her. I had Sister Mary Alice in second grade. Sr. Mary Alice used to yell at me and I think she may have smacked me with a ruler a time or two, I liked to talk too much too...but it hasn't ruined my life or made me worse for wear. My son had a horrendous second grade teacher ( she was fired at the end of the year) - but it didn't scar him for life either - he is now an honor student.

So we will see what September brings ... and if my child comes home with a dot on her head or is forced to sit in the hallway as rumour has it, I will deal with it ... then ... but not now. Now I am just going to enjoy the rest of my summer.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

These are our original posts...

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

What's for Dinner?



Grab Our Button

MOMENTUM OF MOTHERHOOD

Grateful Sunday

GRATEFUL SUNDAY

Click It!


Click here and vote for us! Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory Proud member of MommyBlogs
Friday Follow

Follow the MOMentum

Feed:

Top food blogs

Blog Archive