Monday, December 14, 2009

PostHeaderIcon Cara: Open Letter to Santa's #1 Elf

Dear #1 Elf,

As we begin the countdown to the 12 days of Christmas it's crunch time. This is just a thank you note, an acknowledgment of sorts you could say.

Thanks for always finding the perfect gift for the children. I know how you listen as Christmas approaches, for clues as to what their hearts desire. I know you agonize while the thought plays over and over in your head "All of what they need and some of what they want"...as your online "cart" is about to tip over with gifts for them.

I appreciate you buying special "Santa" wrapping paper that is different from what I wrap "my" gifts in and making sure no one sees it (even the ones that have crossed over to the dark side)until after Santa has been here on Christmas morning. And how you stay up to the wee hours of the morning wrapping until your back breaks is so commendable!

The irreplaceable "collected over the years ornaments" and I appreciate how after tree trimming night when everyone has gone to bed, you rearrange all the ornaments so they aren't all knee level and are securely hung on the sturdy branches.

It's so smart of you to make sure there's plenty in my stocking. We wouldn't want the kids to think Santa forgot Mom's stocking, since once or twice over the years he did. (it's ok he's got a lot on his plate)

The way you make sure everyone's "pile" is even...counting and recounting the weeks before the big day. It's so smart to do the "mock" piles beforehand so you can get a visual of how it will all look under the tree...heaven forbid one child feels slighted.

And let's not forget all the food shopping and baking, cooking and did I mention baking? That's in addition to all the "regular" chores you still need to get done all the while.

You make it all seems effortless as you show up at school with cupcakes in the shape of snowmen in the morning and by evening get cleaned up, made up and dressed and on the arm of your man, looking like you have rested all day, as you go off to the 15th Christmas party in a month.

So in case you were thinking no one was watching. In case you think no one appreciates you I just wanted you to know I do. And I am thankful that you do it all. God knows I could never get that all done. I am only one person.

xo


Jenn's two cents: Please send me an Elf - I need some Elfin' help!

2 comments:

Stephanie Faris said...

I think the biggest gift "Santa" gives is the memories children carry into their future. I still remember Santa's gifts being in special Santa paper growing up and how much fun it was unwrapping those.

Corrie Howe said...

Stephanie makes a good point. I'll have to ask what my kids' favorite memories are. My two oldest stopped believing in Santa very quickly. My daughter still believes even though her brothers try very hard to educate her.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

These are our original posts...

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

What's for Dinner?



Grab Our Button

MOMENTUM OF MOTHERHOOD

Grateful Sunday

GRATEFUL SUNDAY

Click It!


Click here and vote for us! Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory Proud member of MommyBlogs
Friday Follow

Follow the MOMentum

Feed:

Top food blogs

Blog Archive