Tuesday, December 15, 2009

PostHeaderIcon Jenn: Shopoholic

I used to be a shopoholic. Christmas was my season because I could shop and not feel guilty. I live for finding bargains. Nothing makes me happier than getting that $65 pair of jeans for $5 bucks or getting a tank top for free. Bargain shopping can be time consuming. Before we moved, I spent a lot of my time in the stores, in the mall, shopping, shopping & more shopping. Mostly for clothes for the girls - they have an abundance. I like them to have nice clothes, trendy clothes and to fit in. I remember how desperately I wanted those Jordache jeans when I was 12 - the kind you used pliers to zip - but my Mom refused. She eventually gave in and I got a pair for my 14th birthday - I wore them everyday. I don't want my girls to feel they don't have the right clothes. Which I know, is superficial and not a good life lesson, but tween and teen years are hard enough, I just want them to feel good about what they are wearing - in case you forgot, girls are mean.

Since we moved, I have been overwhelmed by just how much stuff everyone has - and as you may remember from previous posts, I don't like stuff. I have been weeding out and sorting. I have a big pile going on ebay after Christmas. Yesterday I went to the mall to do some Christmas shopping - I really haven't bought anything for anyone except the kids and Christmas is 10 days away. I so did not want to be there. I did not enjoy myself one bit. I had my coupons and was ready to go. But when I got there, I didn't like anything I saw! I left the mall after 2.5 hours with a pair of jeans and a sweatshirt for my son. That's it! In past years, my kids got everything on their Santa list and then some. I usually get so caught up in the season, that I just go overboard. Not this year - the desire is just not there to go crazy. Everyone is pretty much getting everything on their list. A few small extras and that is it.

Today I am off again - this time to find gifts for my brother, sister and their spouses- plus MIL and SIL, oh and hubby who doesn't want anything (me either) but I think needs to have something to open Christmas day. I am so done with shopping - something I never thought I would ever say.

1 comments:

Corrie Howe said...

This year is really minimal for us too. First year neither side of the family is trading gifts! Yeah! My teen already talked his dad into two gifts earlier this year (a new suit and weight bench). My two other kids wanted expensive item so I talked them into accepting just that item. I'm not even going out for stocking this year. I told my husband I hate the junkie stuff which eventually ends up in the trash. And I don't like putting candy in their stockings. So this year I'm doing gift cards. They'll love it and in the long run,it will be cheaper.

Do I sound like Grinch?

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

These are our original posts...

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

What's for Dinner?



Grab Our Button

MOMENTUM OF MOTHERHOOD

Grateful Sunday

GRATEFUL SUNDAY

Click It!


Click here and vote for us! Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory Proud member of MommyBlogs
Friday Follow

Follow the MOMentum

Feed:

Top food blogs

Blog Archive