Friday, January 8, 2010

PostHeaderIcon Cara: T.G.I.F.

I do like Fridays. When I say I am glad it's Friday, people have said to me..."you don't work what do you care what day it is?" Really? In the past I would have jumped on that with..."What do I do? Well this week alone I packed 25 Christmas tubs with Christmas stuff, wrapped everything, organized and labeled every box with all it's contents, did about 12 loads (and counting) of laundry, cooked dinner every night, drove 3 kids in three different directions all at the same time (try that I dare ya!) blah blah blah...." Not so much any more. I don't feel the need to explain myself or what I do each day to anyone.

I don't make New Year's resolutions. They are crap. I have before...lose 20lbs, join a gym, bake bread everyday, stop cursing..(uh...?)... I just set myself up for failure. Not that those are unattainable, just not all of them at once. One thing I have had this week is quiet. I have been alone a lot this week, since I am waging cleaning warfare on my house. Gives me time to think.

I think every year we change a little, hopefully for the good. You get lots of life lessons along the way if you look for them. Now that 2009 is behind me I know...

...it's better for me to walk away and give my self a minute during an argument or a confrontation with someone I love so that I don't say things I can't take back. If I don't know you or dislike you and you start with me....then I will take you down.

...people are put in your path for a reason. This year someone has been put in mine, who I am really growing to like and she is teaching me not to sweat the small stuff. I will never be totally without OCD like her, and I don't think I want to be. But, she is much wiser than me and has given me advice without me even knowing it at the time.

...to wait and find out if I like someone or not myself. I won't always listen to other people's opinions of them because they can be wrong. You can't always judge a book by it's cover.

...not to let the winter blahs take over my head this year. I don't like cold. I am done with winter by February. But I love the seasons. I like things changed up and would get tired of the same old sunny day everyday. I like a rainy day now and then so there's an excuse to take a nap or just stay in. And (drum roll) I like snow. It's snowing now and I love to look at it, take a walk in it, go sledding and bundle little kids up to play in it. I don't want it all the time but a nice coating every week to keep outside bright and shiny is really nice. I will keep reminding myself of that or start taking Prozac. (just kidding)

...that I save a lot of money using coupons, waiting for sales and being prepared when I shop. I used to think it wasn't worth my time. But my wallet thinks otherwise.

...I don't have to always run the show. Taking a step back from obligations I have had in the past has been a nice break. I will probably jump back in at some point but right now I am good.

...I don't care so much anymore about keeping up with the Jones'. They may have a lot on the outside, but no one knows what really goes on in a home or in a marriage, I know what goes on in mine and I'm good.

...to really take one day at a time. If it doesn't get done, there's always tomorrow. Don't waste today worrying about tomorrow or next week. Whether or not today is mundane or spectacular, you won't get it back.

I am sure there has been more. I have another week of staying in ahead of me I may have some more revelations. But that's next week. For now...TGIF!

Jenn's two cents: Well said! I just want to add - it's okay to take a day "off" sometimes. Lock the door, turn off the phone & computer and give yourself a break - at least until 3:00 when the chaos returns! Hmmm that sounds good ...

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very wise!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

These are our original posts...

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

What's for Dinner?



Grab Our Button

MOMENTUM OF MOTHERHOOD

Grateful Sunday

GRATEFUL SUNDAY

Click It!


Click here and vote for us! Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory Proud member of MommyBlogs
Friday Follow

Follow the MOMentum

Feed:

Top food blogs

Blog Archive