Tuesday, January 12, 2010

PostHeaderIcon Jenn: Ouch


Yesterday I got my ass kicked by this girl right here - she it my virtual trainer on Wii Fit. I am so out of shape (or so she says). I haven't visited my Wii in 200+ days(probably since the beginning of summer.) I have gained 3.5 lbs and missed my goal of getting my BMI down to 22 from 23 (yeah, yeah, yeah). My Wii fit age is 56 - double ouch. After the Wii kicked my butt, I was feeling really good so I decided to try the New Valerie Bertinelli DVD I got from the library. I have never done an exercise DVD before. It was great. It was a 20 minute workout - and I felt like I was only doing it for 10 minutes. It went that fast. I felt tired when it was over. But it felt good to be doing something other than laundry and vacuuming. I woke up this morning barely able to walk. Coming down the stairs is PAINFUL - all those squats really did my thighs in - makes me feel even more out of shape than getting scolded by the Wii.

The weather is supposed to warm up this week - so my plan is to get back to walking. I really am going to concentrate on getting those 10,000 steps per day. It is hard to reach 10,000 steps - none of those experts ever tell you how to achive that. My girlfriends and I walk when the weather is good and after about an hour we are at 3 miles or so and only 5,000 - 6,000 steps - when am I supposed to take those other 4,000? I guess I'll start running laps around the house!

This time of year always gets me thinking about summer and that I now have 5 months till shorts and bathing suit season. I am not a cold weather/winter person. I like spring and fall - not too hot - not to cold - not to much skin to show - I am a sweater weather kinda girl.

Cara's two cents: I haven't even been brave enough to get on my Wii Fit and I am afraid of what she is going to say!! I was planning on starting walking again next week but with temps in the 40's the rest of this week I guess we gotta get started again...it's so easy to be slacker though!! brrr!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

These are our original posts...

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

What's for Dinner?



Grab Our Button

MOMENTUM OF MOTHERHOOD

Grateful Sunday

GRATEFUL SUNDAY

Click It!


Click here and vote for us! Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory Proud member of MommyBlogs
Friday Follow

Follow the MOMentum

Feed:

Top food blogs

Blog Archive