Monday, March 29, 2010

PostHeaderIcon Cara: Guest Blogger


I am very excited to have our second guest blogger, Cowgirl! I have made mention of her many times in my posts. She had emailed this recipe to us and our friends. Then I asked her if I could put it on the blog and maybe she would want to be a guest blogger that day as well? She agreed! Please feel free to send some comments her way! 
So making her blogging debut I give you:

 A Cowgirl, A Dilemma and A Recipe
When I became a mom I knew that there would be things that you had to teach your children.  You had to teach them their please and thank you’s, help them with their school work, teach them to be nice to their friends, respect their elders etc. But I never thought I would have to teach one of my kids how to be social.  You know, things like how to interact with the other kids or how to come out of their shell.
I have to say this so far, has been the biggest challenge for me.  First problem - I am an outgoing person.  I don’t have problems interacting and talking to people, therefore, my child is a mystery to me.  I’m not sure what to do.  How do I help him open up and not be so shy?  How do I teach him to speak up for himself?  Second problem- I think I taught him too well how to be a good boy and follow the rules!  He doesn’t come out of his shell sometimes because he doesn’t want to get in trouble.  OK, yeah me! (I think.)
As with everything else in my children’s life, I will rise to the occasion and help him the best I can and grit my teeth along the way!  After all, it could be worse.
But why does it have to be this hard?


Cowgirl’s Chicken and Rice Soup
I made this soup tonight and it was really good and EASY!!!  Thought I would pass along for when anyone has leftover chicken and doesn't know what to do with it!

2 TBL butter
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 (32 oz) cans of low-sodium chicken broth
1 can of cream of chicken soup
2 1/2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
1 bag of frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
1 packet of Knorr chicken-flavored rice
Salt & pepper

In a large pot, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until tender. Add broth and soup, whisk to combine. Stir in chicken, vegetables, rice, salt and pepper.
Cook, stirring occasionally, over medium-high heat for 15 minutes.
(it thickens up a lot so if you want it thinner just add some water)

Serves 8

2 comments:

Mary RC said...

oh the joys of parenting children who are your opposites.. poor cowgirl..

that chicken and rice sounds like my kind of recipe..

Anonymous said...

Keep plugging away, and showing him it's OK to open up. He will most likely do it at his own pace, but confidence WILL build. The more situations you can be in together, outside of the everyday activities, with the people he's not interacting with on a daily basis,where you can teach him, the more comfortable he will be speaking up or getting involved. He may need to be put "outside the box" so to speak, and shown that it's OK out there.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

These are our original posts...

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

What's for Dinner?



Grab Our Button

MOMENTUM OF MOTHERHOOD

Grateful Sunday

GRATEFUL SUNDAY

Click It!


Click here and vote for us! Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory Proud member of MommyBlogs
Friday Follow

Follow the MOMentum

Feed:

Top food blogs

Blog Archive