Monday, April 12, 2010

PostHeaderIcon Cara:Dirt under my nails...

 
   God made rainy days so gardeners could get the housework done. 
~Author Unknown

...and I just got a manicure. Seriously.

One of my favorite things to do is work in my yard.  Even though the beginning is spent doing the not so fun stuff. There's a lot of cleaning up to do after the winter.But I have learned after years of owning a home you need to do a section at at time otherwise you get overwhelmed. And although someone else may look around and think what the heck you did all day, you know how much you got done. I have even grown to like appreciate bugs. Clearing the last of the fall leaves from my pots uncovers bugs that have been very happy, thank you very much, in the warm dark potting soil. So I give them a second to regroup from the light of the sun.  I still don't do earwigs though. Too early for them yet thank goodness...those I cannot stand. They just seem sneaky to me and too jittery. Ick. 

Gardening makes you hungry. You really can't eat while you are kneeling with your hands up to your wrists in soil. I don't wear gloves. I have them, I have some cute ones actually. But I hate to wear them...hence the dirt under my nails. They make my hands hot, and I can't feel what I am doing. I may have a drink out there with me but it usually ends up with a bug doing the backstroke in it.  Lucky me, Hubby made dinner last night, so I could come in and just park myself at the table and eat.

A day spent digging and getting the yard ready for planting makes you tired. But it's a good tired. So after you get cleaned up and wash the "yard" from your sunburned face, and hop into bed you will sleep like a rock. Today's forecast looks warm and sunny...maybe the laundry can wait?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

These are our original posts...

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

What's for Dinner?



Grab Our Button

MOMENTUM OF MOTHERHOOD

Grateful Sunday

GRATEFUL SUNDAY

Click It!


Click here and vote for us! Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory Proud member of MommyBlogs
Friday Follow

Follow the MOMentum

Feed:

Top food blogs

Blog Archive