Tuesday, April 13, 2010

PostHeaderIcon Jenn: Scrambled Eggs for Brains

Remember that commerical from the 70s or was it 80s - this is your brain, this is your brain on drugs? and it would show the fried egg? That is how I am feeling today - like my brain is fried - or scrambled - not like I am on drugs LOL!  

Actually I think drugs might be beneficial for a month like this one.  I am busy.  We all are busy.  I don't have enough hours in the day to do all that needs to be done. So something has to get left in the dust.  Right now it is Lu.  I am neglecting her.  She has a mouth full of cavaties, an ear infecton and is getting ready to make her communion in two and a half weeks.  I have not ordered tables or made favors.  I only mailed the invites out yesterday.  Granted  it really is only the family - and they all know the date. I have just been so scrambled with everything else that spring brings that Lu is on my back burner and it isn't fair.  Her room needs to be cleaned. Her communion veil needs to be picked up.  I haven't sat and done homework with her in weeks.  Her sister read to her last night at 9:00 because I was making hubbys dinner.  I feel bad.  The other two have been demanding so much attention the last few weeks and she is such an easy going kid, that she doesn't complain that Mommy has no time for her.  

I did take her shoe shopping this weekend. I think in my guilt I may have gone a little overboard on the shoes (3 pairs).  She picked out  a pair of (pricey)sneakers that are painted with neon peace signs and bedazzled to the hilt and light up.  They are amazing - hubby thinks they may give someone seizures - but to a 7 year old, they are heaven!  If I didn't have such Mommy guilt I probably would have said no after looking at the price tag - but they are "so Lu " and she really wanted them.  We all need something we really want sometimes.  I really am going to make more of an effort this week to spend some time with her.  After I deposit the girl scout cookie money, go grocery shopping, do the laundry, clean the house, cook, drive to dance and boy scouts and tennis and the vet - I think my eggs are burning.


Cara's two cents: I take my brains with a side of bacon...makes it a little easier! lol

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

These are our original posts...

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

What's for Dinner?



Grab Our Button

MOMENTUM OF MOTHERHOOD

Grateful Sunday

GRATEFUL SUNDAY

Click It!


Click here and vote for us! Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory Proud member of MommyBlogs
Friday Follow

Follow the MOMentum

Feed:

Top food blogs

Blog Archive