Saturday, April 24, 2010

PostHeaderIcon Jenn: Simply Saturday

Let's Go GNO - okay yes, I am quoting a Hannah Montanna song - but last night was Girls Night Out and as you can see I am a little late positng today so lots of fun was had by all.. Started out at Bunco - good company, delicious food and I won $20 bucks - lots of laughs - was a great time.  Then headed out to town to meet some other Moms - lots of fun there too.  Got woken up by the dogs at 6:00 this morning - none too happy - and back to bed until 9:00 - then off to dance and here I am at 1:00 finally posting and sooo tired.  I am going back on my Sonoma diet this week - last time I did it I lost 12 pounds in about 3 months and I didn't follow it religiously - so I am going to try to be a bit better this time. I love the food in this diet - everything is fresh and healthy and fairly easy to prepare.  Tonight for dinner I am making Jamaican Jerk Chicken.  Really easy to make and everyone likes it - here is the recipe - give it a try. 

Jamaican Jerk Rub
1/2 coarsley chopped onion
2 T limejuice
1 t crushed red pepper
1/2 t kosher salt
1/4 t ground allspice
1/4 t curry powder
1/4 t freshly ground black pepper
1/8 t dried thyme
1/8 t ground ginger
2 cloves garlic quartered


In a blender or food processor, combine all ingredients, blend until smooth.  Rub on 1 pound chicken breasts (or pork).  Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, grill or broil.  Delicious!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

These are our original posts...

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

What's for Dinner?



Grab Our Button

MOMENTUM OF MOTHERHOOD

Grateful Sunday

GRATEFUL SUNDAY

Click It!


Click here and vote for us! Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory Proud member of MommyBlogs
Friday Follow

Follow the MOMentum

Feed:

Top food blogs

Blog Archive