Tuesday, May 4, 2010

PostHeaderIcon Jenn: Location, Location, Location

I am an HGTV addict - I love all the home shows.  First Home Buyers, First Home Sellers, Rent your First Place, Color Splash, Curb Appeal...  I love to see how other people live. How they decorate their homes.  How much they think their homes are worth and then the reality check they get when the host tells them they are way of base.  One things the real estate experts always tell the first home buyers is Location.  That is one of the most important features in buying your home.  Whether it be in a up and coming neighborhood or an already established one, location is key. 

I have been in my home 8 months and the location makes all the difference.  I moved 1 mile and I feel like I changed states.  In my old house, I had to drive everywhere - the kids could walk to the 7-11 but not without a grown-up.  I didn't feel comfortable letting them out on their own.  My son had to be driven to all his friends houses and there were no kids in the neighborhood who my children played with.   Sunday I had 8 kids playing in front of my house, parents sitting on my porch - everyone just hanging out having a great time.  My kids can walk to a friends house across the street or down the block.  I let them go to town, without me, for ice cream.  They have the kind of freedom I had as a kid.  When I was a kid, I could walk to the candy store. My mother would give me a note for the guy at the corner deli and I would walk over for groceries and cigarettes.  I walked to school and sometimes even walked home for lunch. 


Where you live and who your neighbors are can make all the difference in the world. I got lucky with my neighbors, I got lucky that Lu has a "best friend" right across the street - that Sam has friends down the block, that Mae found girls she can walk home from school with.  I am looking forward to spending more time on the porch, watching the kids play and talking to my neighbors.

Cara's two cents: I couldn't agree more! A perfect day on H Lane is kids running from one pool to the other, getting the ice cream man before dinner, and kids and parents "marshing mallows" in our pjs around the fire.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

These are our original posts...

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

What's for Dinner?



Grab Our Button

MOMENTUM OF MOTHERHOOD

Grateful Sunday

GRATEFUL SUNDAY

Click It!


Click here and vote for us! Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory Proud member of MommyBlogs
Friday Follow

Follow the MOMentum

Feed:

Top food blogs

Blog Archive