Monday, June 21, 2010

PostHeaderIcon Cara: Perception

I think it may be all about perception. How we see things that day or in that moment really defines our mood or our outcomes. It's that "glass half full or glass half empty" kind of thing. 

I think we perceive things a certain way when we are younger and think we know it all. Then we go through life and we learn lessons sometimes the hard way. Then we gain experience and start to figure out what's important and what's not. We start to perceive things differently. 

I am not sure if this happens at a 40something time in your life or what. But I know that we cannot choose our external circumstances, but we can always choose how we respond to them. Sometimes for me anyway, it's hard not to let others'  insecurities or perceptions influence my own. Maybe that comes with age or self confidence. But I am working on it. 

I know people who's glass is always half empty. Why does it seem so easy to get sucked into that? Why is it so easy to dismiss the glass half full type who can truthfully, be annoying if you are wallowing in your own half empty glass? 

I am thinking taking that half full glass and asking for more is the way to go.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

These are our original posts...

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

What's for Dinner?



Grab Our Button

MOMENTUM OF MOTHERHOOD

Grateful Sunday

GRATEFUL SUNDAY

Click It!


Click here and vote for us! Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory Proud member of MommyBlogs
Friday Follow

Follow the MOMentum

Feed:

Top food blogs

Blog Archive