Tuesday, October 19, 2010

PostHeaderIcon Jenn: Book Review

I read two good books this week.  The first one, The Samurai's Garden by Gail Tsukiyama, was loaned to me by my friend Nora.  She absolutely loved this book. I agree with her.  It it a slim book (211 pages) and  a quick read.  The beauty of the book is in the details.  Such amazing descriptions brings you right into the eve of World War II.  The story is told from the point of view of a young Chinese man currently living in a Japanese world.  It was the kind of book that you want to just go on and on.  Highly recommend!

The second book I read this week was Maybe This Time by Jennifer Cruise.  I had never heard of Jennifer Cruise before picking up this book off the library shelf - but she has a lot of books in print.  This is a "beach read" - light and fluffy, not much substance but a good time killer.  Perfect for this time of year as it is a ghost story with a romantic twist. 

I am always looking for a good book - it you have any suggestions, let me know!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

These are our original posts...

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

What's for Dinner?



Grab Our Button

MOMENTUM OF MOTHERHOOD

Grateful Sunday

GRATEFUL SUNDAY

Click It!


Click here and vote for us! Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory Proud member of MommyBlogs
Friday Follow

Follow the MOMentum

Feed:

Top food blogs

Blog Archive