Tuesday, November 2, 2010

PostHeaderIcon Jenn: Recovery

I am still in recovery mode after a long, fun, weekend.  Yesterday morning when I woke up, I felt like I had been hit by a mack truck. Exhausted after hosting a great party Saturday night, then spending Sunday traipsing around the neighborhood begging for candy, I was beat.  After the kids went to school yesterday, I took my tea and went back to bed for an hour!  That is something I never do - but I knew I needed it.  After my power nap, I woke up refreshed and ready to clean the house.  Put all of the inside Halloween away and today will work on outside. 


The kids are home today for election day.  I am glad they have the day off - they need it.  They were busy all weekend too - not just with Halloween, but with a Pumpkin Fling for Sam and dance for the girls, no one got any rest.  This coming weekend is a busy one too so today is a nice break.  Later on we are heading to church to help with Operation Christmas Child.  This is a great program that lets the kids in on the spirit of giving while helping kids who have nothing.  I have a few projects around the house I would like to get done today with the kids help.  I need to get the wood up on the porch so we can start making fires. I want to put the garden hoses away... small, easy things that I could use a few extra hands with.


Of course this afternoon I am heading out to VOTE.  I have been listening to all the negatives and positives and think I have all my decisions made.  I am not party loyal - I vote for the candidate, not the party.  I think more people are starting to go this way too - I would love to see  mix of people in the government - not just all one party.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

These are our original posts...

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

What's for Dinner?



Grab Our Button

MOMENTUM OF MOTHERHOOD

Grateful Sunday

GRATEFUL SUNDAY

Click It!


Click here and vote for us! Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory Proud member of MommyBlogs
Friday Follow

Follow the MOMentum

Feed:

Top food blogs

Blog Archive