Friday, January 7, 2011

PostHeaderIcon Cara:Friday Farrago

The end of the "first week back to reality". I think we all made it through unscathed although it was real tough getting up the beginning of the week. We are preparing for another round of snow here in Mayberry...so maybe it will be a Friday night by the fire playing games instead of lacrosse games and running. We shall see I guess.

I am going to read through my favorite book again Simple Abundance by Sarah Ban Breathnach. I have had this book on my bedside table for about 15 going on 16 years now. (wow I never really stopped to thing about how long I have had this book!!) When I first started reading this book I thought I would read it and be all new, all knowing and have my s@#t together. Yeah well, some ways yes, some ways no. What I have discovered is every time I read it (and it takes a year to read...a page a day) I find something new. I supposed it's because I am at a different place every time I read it. If you get a chance to read it this year, you may be amazed about what you take away from it. One of the best things I ever got from this book was the Gratitude Journal. Whenever I remember to keep mine and write it every day my world's a better place. (Hence, Grateful Sunday around here)

So my plan is to read the whole thing again this year. Some years I don't read it at all. Some years I just pick it up and read whatever particular day it happens to be to see if there's something there that I needed to read. (sometimes it scares me how right on that day's passage is!) So today I will leave you with Sarah's opening words for January. She digs quotes like me...her book is filled with them and so I don't think she would mind being quoted here....

"January the month of new beginnings and cherished memories, beckons. Come, let the winters weave her wondrous spell: cold crisp, woolen muffler days, long dark evenings of savory suppers, lively conversations, or solitary joys. Outside temperature drops as the snow falls softly. All of nature is at peace. We should be too. Draw hearthside. This is the month to dream to look forward to the year ahead and the journey within."
~Sarah Ban Breathnach

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

These are our original posts...

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

What's for Dinner?



Grab Our Button

MOMENTUM OF MOTHERHOOD

Grateful Sunday

GRATEFUL SUNDAY

Click It!


Click here and vote for us! Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory Proud member of MommyBlogs
Friday Follow

Follow the MOMentum

Feed:

Top food blogs

Blog Archive