Saturday, January 29, 2011

PostHeaderIcon Jenn: Simple Saturday

I woke this morning to absolute silence.  Well except for the alarm of course.  I forgot to turn off the weekday alarm and so was woken at 6:15.  Once I am awake there is no going back to sleep for me.  I am home alone - something that has never happened since I have lived in this house.  No hubby, no kids, just me and the dogs - and although a little anxious last night - it was lovely to wake up to no one.  I wouldn't want to do that everyday - but just not having to make coffee or get breakfast for anyone is a treat. 

Last night Cara hosted a Girls Night Out.  It was so much fun - so thanks to Cara.  She is the ultimate hostess - her house is now decked out in its Valentine garb.  Heart pillows and wine glasses. Red lights.  Just perfect.  It was a lot of fun to spend time with  11 other women - some I know well - some not so much.  We all had a great time - a lot of laughs, good food and wine and a little gambling.

Today my plate is full.  Dance and then my family is here for my nephew's birthday and my parents 51st wedding anniversary.  I am keeping it simple - beef stew, egg noodles and a salad.  My boys are both gone so its me and the girls playing hostess.  It will be a nice, simple afternoon.

Have a great weekend!

Cara's two cents: First thanks for your kind words. :) One of my favorite things to do is entertain especially when I am SO looking forward to my company like I was last night. Happy Birthday/Anniversary to the family....and I know I am slightly hungover...but for the life of me I couldn't figure what Simole Saturday was. I thought I would find out after reading the post...but just figured out you meant Simple, not Simole. lol I will change it for you cause I am good like that...rofl. Have a simply lovely Saturday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

These are our original posts...

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

What's for Dinner?



Grab Our Button

MOMENTUM OF MOTHERHOOD

Grateful Sunday

GRATEFUL SUNDAY

Click It!


Click here and vote for us! Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory Proud member of MommyBlogs
Friday Follow

Follow the MOMentum

Feed:

Top food blogs

Blog Archive