Monday, February 14, 2011

PostHeaderIcon Cara: Happy Valentine's Day


Happy Valentines Day! (Or is it Valentine's? I am not sure.) Anyway do you have great plans today with your Valentine? Are you going out to a romantic candlelit dinner, with violins playing? Did you get two dozen long stem roses delivered yet today? Or a 100 count box of chocolates maybe? Yeah, me neither. But I am not complaining.

I don't expect or want all that really. Not now anyway. There was a time when I waited in school to get that rose from a secret someone. Or got a stuffed teddy bear and balloons from a particular Valentine. There's lots of pressure for men to perform on Valentine's Day don't you think? Will he propose? Will he send a dozen roses to my office to make the other girls swoon? Will he realize he really needs to go to Kay Jewelers to get that diamond heart necklace? (at least that's what they tell you he is supposed to do on TV) Us, lucky gals get to sit and wait. Which maybe sometimes didn't end up being so lucky I would guess.

Last year I wrote about Red Dinner, my family tradition. Just dinner with my four loves. So Valentine's Day for me is not about only the romantic love.  It's about the family kind of love. When it's just us 5. (though sometimes we have company for Red Dinner we like the share the love too) Our family will go through some changes this year as the first one leaves the nest and goes to college. So it's a special year to remember the love we have as a family. Amidst the running, yelling, arguing, teasing, laughing, there is always love.

So even if you don't get roses or candy from some admiring lover...there's plenty of love to go around. Kids, friends, pets...yourself. Happy Valentine's Day!

Jenn's two cents:  I got an early valentine this year - a case of my favorite red wine!  Tonight is low key around here - no big celebrations - everyone running every which way.  Happy Valentine's Day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

These are our original posts...

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

What's for Dinner?



Grab Our Button

MOMENTUM OF MOTHERHOOD

Grateful Sunday

GRATEFUL SUNDAY

Click It!


Click here and vote for us! Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory Proud member of MommyBlogs
Friday Follow

Follow the MOMentum

Feed:

Top food blogs

Blog Archive