Monday, April 4, 2011

PostHeaderIcon Cara: Pondering Pansies


I was picking on April this week but I have to admit this weekend was pretty good. Sunshine on the lacrosse field (even if it was a little chilly at 9 a.m.), walking both days and....planting. 

I really don't like to buy dirt, it's like having to buy air. But I had to schlep the bag into the cart at the nursery nevertheless.

Pansies don't last very long around here, but I love them because the are the sign that warm weather really is on the way...and it won't be Sprinter for long. (Sprinter is my new word for when it says Spring on my calendar but I know better!!) 

Pansies just look happy to me. I know I sound like some deranged gardener, but they do. I only plant them in my four pots that line my front walk. So it's not a back breaking gardening day but a pleasant one. Pots full of new freshly "bought" dirt and little plants that will get full and flowery now with April showers and sun. 

Come mid to end of May they will be taken out and maybe replanted somewhere else since I learned they will bloom again in the fall with my mums. My pots will then be filled with all the annuals I will be itching to buy by then.

It's supposed to rain on and off for the next week and I am sure I won't be singing the praises of April showers by the end of it. But for now I will forget about my pansies during the day until I open the front door or pull up in the driveway and see them there. And for a minute it will make me happy. And that's what it's all about right? The little things.

Jenn's two cents: I planted some pansies this weekend too.  Mine are squeezed in among the tulips that are getting ready to pop. It's nice to just see that burst of color out front Little things can sometimes make a world of difference.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

These are our original posts...

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

What's for Dinner?



Grab Our Button

MOMENTUM OF MOTHERHOOD

Grateful Sunday

GRATEFUL SUNDAY

Click It!


Click here and vote for us! Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory Proud member of MommyBlogs
Friday Follow

Follow the MOMentum

Feed:

Top food blogs

Blog Archive