Thursday, April 21, 2011

PostHeaderIcon Generations

                                   Mrs. P ~ Mrs. P ~Mrs. P


We are staying with my in-laws this week on vacation for spring break. It's not the amusement park type of week where you run from one attraction to the other and need a vacation when you come home. It's more like laid back, family time real R&R. Which is something I think we seriously all need more often then we actually do it. Our lives are nuts. When I am here in Laid Back Land...I realize how nutty my life is. The day to day...the running, the politics, the nonsense. 


In the kitchen last night cleaning up after dinner were (some of)the Mrs. P.'s. My mother-in-law, her mother-in-law and me. My mother-in-law's mother-in-law (got that??) is a few months short of 90 years old and let's just say set in her ways. I laugh cause she can make my mother-in-law nuts the same way mine can. So when I told my mother-in-law that mothers in law can be annoying, she agreed. Ha! Wait a second??? "You are talking about me then too???" she said. We laughed. You just gotta laugh about family stuff like that.


But I am glad for my kids to spend some time with their great- grandmother, (and hubby with his grandmother) even if she forgets who they are from one day to the next. I know they really were opting for the cruise this year, but I think they secretly enjoy the do-nothing-ness of this kind of vacation too. There's a lot to be said for sleeping in, laying by the pool, reading a few books and just "chilling" as they say. 


So I will hang with the Mrs. Ps's for the week and chill 'til it's back to running, sports and PTA. Can't wait. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

These are our original posts...

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

What's for Dinner?



Grab Our Button

MOMENTUM OF MOTHERHOOD

Grateful Sunday

GRATEFUL SUNDAY

Click It!


Click here and vote for us! Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory Proud member of MommyBlogs
Friday Follow

Follow the MOMentum

Feed:

Top food blogs

Blog Archive