Thursday, July 14, 2011

PostHeaderIcon Jenn: Peace

Today my peace ends.  My boy is coming home and I am thrilled.  I missed him tremendously.  I haven't spoken to him for a week - since he went "out in the wild" where there are no cell phones or electronics allowed.  He spent the last 7 days horseback riding through the dessert.  I am sure he will have plenty of adventures to share with me and I can't wait to hear all about it.  I think he will come home just a little bit older - a little more mature - and maybe with a greater appreciation for clean clothes and home cooked meals.

I also know his homecoming will mean the end of peace as I know it.  Having him away - and his sister too  - left me with one child home.  It meant no siblings screaming at each other, slamming doors, calling each other names.  It meant no arguing over whats on TV.  It just was peaceful.  The return of ballerina added some noise back to the house - she and her sister were happy to see each other for about 5 minutes before the squabbling began.  They have a love/hate relationship.  Adding my boy back into the mix will mean full out sibling war.  Hopefully he will be too tired the first few days to pick on his sisters but as he gets back into the swing of things I know what lays ahead.  My kids are good kids - they just like to egg each other on.  I will have two weeks of warfare and then boy is off again to China with Auntie N. for two weeks and the peace will be restored for 17 days. 

As much as I love the peace and quiet, I will take the full-on noise because as Cara said yesterday, the days are long but the years are short - at this point I feel like I am in warp speed ahead as I watch my kids get bigger by the minute.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

These are our original posts...

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

What's for Dinner?



Grab Our Button

MOMENTUM OF MOTHERHOOD

Grateful Sunday

GRATEFUL SUNDAY

Click It!


Click here and vote for us! Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory Proud member of MommyBlogs
Friday Follow

Follow the MOMentum

Feed:

Top food blogs

Blog Archive