Tuesday, September 6, 2011

PostHeaderIcon Jenn: Letting them sleep in

These last few days we have been going back to "school bedtimes."  It's a hard adjustment for some as my rules during the summer are pretty relaxed.  Your tired? Go to bed.  Want to stay up? OK as long as your quiet...  Most nights Lu was in bed by 10 and the big ones by 11 or 12.  They slept each morning past nine  and sometimes as late as noon unless we had somewhere to go.

Beginning Saturday I started adjusting bedtimes for Lu.  The big ones are pretty much on their own - they know when they need to go to bed in order to get up and not be cranky.  Lu has been fighting me - but off she goes. Last night it was 9:00 - I am gunning for 8:30 until we see how she gets up in the morning.  If she gets up ok then she can have until 9:00. 

I have gotten back into the habit of getting up at 6:00 am myself this week. During the summer I sleep in until 7 or so. I forgot how hard it can be to get up that early!  Especially this morning when the rain is falling and all I want to do is crawl back under the covers. 

My house is quiet this morning.  I am letting everyone sleep in - tomorrow they will all have to be up early and so they can say goodbye to a great summer by sleeping in that one last time. 

Wishing everyone a great school year.

Cara's two cents: We did none of the bedtime adjusting this year. Hopefully I don't have a cranky bear tomorrow morning. As for me I gave myself one more day of laying in bed til I felt like getting up. Maybe I will be the cranky bear tomorrow!!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

These are our original posts...

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

What's for Dinner?



Grab Our Button

MOMENTUM OF MOTHERHOOD

Grateful Sunday

GRATEFUL SUNDAY

Click It!


Click here and vote for us! Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory Proud member of MommyBlogs
Friday Follow

Follow the MOMentum

Feed:

Top food blogs

Blog Archive