Friday, December 9, 2011

PostHeaderIcon Cara: A Plate Full

Lately I have been bugged (Me bugged? Imagine that!) about people not doing what they say they are going to do. I have mentioned that if I say I am going to do something and I don't, come look for me in the nearest ditch because I have surely fell in it and can't get out. And I still do feel that if you are supposed to do something, if you take on a responsibility, then you fulfill it come hell or high water. I was invited for lunch yesterday but had to decline because I already had PTA President duties to fulfill. The lunch was most definitely a better offer but I had to say no. So even if you get a better offer you need to do what you need to do.

Having said that, in light of the season, peace on Earth, goodwill towards man and all that I have an alternate view as well.

Everyone (most everyone I know anyway) has a full plate. We all say that. And we all do. When some people would tell me their plate was full I would run down the list in my head of what's on their plate and think "Yeah OK your plate is full? You should have mine!" So that made me realized while we all have full plates, everyone has a different sized plate.

Yours may be small like say a cake plate size or even saucer sized, which in relation to plates doesn't take much to fill. Mine, by no fault other than my own, is more like platter sized. Kind of like that huge platter you take out on Thanksgiving to put the turkey on? Yeah that's mine. Hence the reason why I would usually have no sympathy for the saucer sized plate filled person. But I get it now.

We all have different sized plates, most people I know do the best they can every day. One person's best is a dinner plate another's is a cake plate. And it's OK.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

These are our original posts...

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

What's for Dinner?



Grab Our Button

MOMENTUM OF MOTHERHOOD

Grateful Sunday

GRATEFUL SUNDAY

Click It!


Click here and vote for us! Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory Proud member of MommyBlogs
Friday Follow

Follow the MOMentum

Feed:

Top food blogs

Blog Archive