Thursday, January 26, 2012

PostHeaderIcon Jenn: Butcher Worthy?

If you are or ever were a fan of Seinfeld you may remember an episode in which Elaine decided if her dates were "sponge-worthy" or not. The sponge, a contraceptive device, was introduced in the US in 1983 and taken off the market in 1994. In the Seinfeld episode, Elaine questions wheter a date is "sponge worthy" after hearing the sponge is gone and she now has to conserve the few she has left for that truly special guy. Sponge-worthy was an instant hit. Sort of like Yada Yada Yada.


I am way past the sponge worthy stage, having been married almost two decades. At this stage of the game, I need to know if you are "butcher worthy."


I buy all my meat from our local butcher. It's not the most economical way to go, but the quality so suffices anything you will ever get in the grocery store. My kids even know now if I have "cheated" and bought grocery store meat - you can taste the difference.


Yesterday, Cara and I went to the new BJ's in Deer Park - yes it's open for all you BJ fans. We were by the meat isle and Purdue chicken breasts were .99 a pound. You can't do better than that these days. I have a lot of entertaining going on this weekend between bunco and a family party so I jokingly said to Cara my guests this weekend weren't "butcher worthy" and I was going to pick the chicken up at BJ's for $12 rather than spend $40 at the butcher.


Not that I don't love my friends and family - but when cooking for a crowd economics is a big factor. So forget being sponge worthy - what's really important is are you butcher worthy? Oh how far I've come!

Cara's two cents: All I have to say is I am glad we have footbal and I couldn't sub for Bunco this month...just sayin'.

1 comments:

Lisa C said...

I'm sad I'm not "butcher worthy." LOL JK.. I get the humor!!! And remember the sponge worthy episode well!!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

These are our original posts...

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

What's for Dinner?



Grab Our Button

MOMENTUM OF MOTHERHOOD

Grateful Sunday

GRATEFUL SUNDAY

Click It!


Click here and vote for us! Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory Proud member of MommyBlogs
Friday Follow

Follow the MOMentum

Feed:

Top food blogs

Blog Archive