Tuesday, January 10, 2012

PostHeaderIcon Jenn: Home Again

Cara's post yesterday really captured some of my own sentiments.  Being a stay-at-home-mom is not always easy. I often think I had it better when I worked.  I know my kids didn't.  When I worked, my kids spent hours each day in day care.  They had drive through more often than I would like to admit and they didn't see me for more than an hour or two a day and it was in the car.  I, on the other hand, had it easier.  Laundry was sent out. Housework was shared.  Weekends were spent catching up both with kids and errands. 

Fast forward 10 years.  For the past 10 years I have been home.  Are there times I wished I still worked? Absolutely.  I know that staying home is what works best for my family.  My kids don't always appreciate what I do for them.  I keep thinking I should go on strike for a week so they could just understand everything involved in running a house.  Very often I wish for more hours in a day.  I can't always manage to do everything I need to and something always gets left to tomorrow.  Winter is my time to catch up  To do all those projects I didn't have time for as I was running from place to place.  January and February keep me home (I hate the cold) and working on my to do list.

I know my parents think differently.  After all they paid for an eduction  that I no longer use (according to them.)  I did have my day - I did the whole executive thing - I used my education and still do when I help my kids with their homework or correct their English papers.

At the end of the day we all make our choices - whatever works for us - and whatever works for you.  We don't get a "do-over" so we need to just do the best we can.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

These are our original posts...

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

What's for Dinner?



Grab Our Button

MOMENTUM OF MOTHERHOOD

Grateful Sunday

GRATEFUL SUNDAY

Click It!


Click here and vote for us! Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory Proud member of MommyBlogs
Friday Follow

Follow the MOMentum

Feed:

Top food blogs

Blog Archive