Thursday, January 19, 2012

PostHeaderIcon Jenn: Puppy Love

You may have to break out the tissues for this one. Last February I wrote about my dog Bali In a post. She was almost 16, suffered a very bad fall, and unfortunately couldn't find her way back. We had to make the very difficult decision to put her down. Cara held my hand as did my twelve year old ballerina. To say I was a mess is an understatement. To watch the brave face my ballerina put on was truly inspiring. She was comforting me and not the other way around. Fast forward 11 months and my 4 year old baby dog daisy is just not right. I take her to the vet and the news isn't good. Although we don't know the final outcome yet, there is still great belief that she will be ok, who again is comforting me? My 13-year-old ballerina. I am a mess. She is stoic. I am crying, she is comforting me. Where did she from this beautiful girl who shows so much compassion for me, her mother, when most would be crying for their dog? She keeps checking on me as if she is the mother and I am the child. I am In physical pain, missing my puppy, who sleeps with me each night, and again she is hugging me, comforting me and telling me it will be alright. She is so strong and has proven that over and over again and I marvel at her stoicism. I am the big cry baby. Sensitive to a fault. I miss my dog. I want her with me. In my mind, I know it's just a dog. It could be so much worse. I KNOW THAT but it doesn't make it any easier. I spoke with my cousin today whose husband was unemployed for 6 months. I heard about my Aunt who has stage 2 cancer. I try to lessen my worries about my dog by thinking it could be worse. It could be my child. So I must learn from this beautiful 13 year old of mine. I need to show her that I can be brave. I need to "mom-up" and hope for the best. I am so proud of this girl...my hero.


Cara's two cents: she is a brave girl but where do you think she learned it from? Hope you get good news today :(

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

These are our original posts...

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

What's for Dinner?



Grab Our Button

MOMENTUM OF MOTHERHOOD

Grateful Sunday

GRATEFUL SUNDAY

Click It!


Click here and vote for us! Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory Proud member of MommyBlogs
Friday Follow

Follow the MOMentum

Feed:

Top food blogs

Blog Archive