Wednesday, February 29, 2012

PostHeaderIcon Cara: 7 Qualities of Women You Want to Be Around


"They're good listeners and sincerely interested in you,
so you feel important. Because they're available for honest and genuine discussion,
they make you want to share yourself."

I definitely think now, in my old infinite wisdom that those women are few and far between. Again "qualities of women you want to be around" and in return qualities I hope to posses or ascertain at the very least.

I have noticed a lot in conversations, people step over each other's words. I am guilty of that myself, but something I am aware of now and try not to do. I don't think it's that people don't care what the other has to say maybe it's more of the need to get out what you need to say.

But the one's I know that are good listeners, truly hear me and don't only say what they think I want to hear, embody that quality. I am drawn to that honest conversation. I need it. And when I feel I can trust them, and they will tell me what I may need to hear, then the conversation is so easy. Time flies and you look up and you're on your 4th cup of coffee.

So in my quest to be someone perhaps others want to be around...I will listen more. Although I have without that quest in mind been doing that more. "Honest, genuine discussion" appeals to me, whether I am on the giving or the receiving end of that discussion. I think having the quality of the other person not really needing to say "keep this between us" is a great quality to have.

I think when someone tells me "I can't believe I just told you all that" it's one of the sincerest compliments I can get.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

These are our original posts...

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

What's for Dinner?



Grab Our Button

MOMENTUM OF MOTHERHOOD

Grateful Sunday

GRATEFUL SUNDAY

Click It!


Click here and vote for us! Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory Proud member of MommyBlogs
Friday Follow

Follow the MOMentum

Feed:

Top food blogs

Blog Archive